Part 29

"Leelee baby please, let me explain!" Stevie was trying to take her into her arms after she'd caught up to her in the living room.

"No! You lied to me!" Leelee shouted, the betrayal evident in her voice as she was trying to put on her shoes while evading Stevie's embrace.

"Baby i was going to tell you everything when you were better! My sweet girl you have to know i would never lie to you," Stevie pleaded as she took Leelee's hands, trying to make her look at her.

"Hiding the truth is the same thing Stevie," Leelee whispered and headed for the door but Stevie rushed in front of her blocking the way.

"Baby you can't run away from me like this. Not after what happened last time, i can't take it again." Stevie's tears spilled over as she stared into Leelee's eyes begging her not to leave and Leelee flashed back over the memory of running out into the rain, Stevie screaming after her. Her godmother was right, she couldn't do that to her again.

Leelee gave in even though she felt deeply hurt and fell into Stevie's arms, letting Stevie hold her as she tried to think logically despite the conflicting emotions fighting within her. When I went to bed Stevie was sitting on Robert's lap. They're together now. Stevie's in love with him. Wasn't Lindsey supposed to still be in France? Obviously he's back now. But what was he suddenly doing in her room? She'd screamed and not in the good way. He had his arms around her. But Stevie was trying to get him off her when i went in. And i didn't actually let her explain. She said it wasn't what i thought. Yeah but that's what anyone would say. She said she could explain. I don't think he's supposed to be here. Leelee came to a conclusion as thoughts raced through her mind and hugged Stevie tighter, watching her disintegrating at the thought of her leaving.

"Stevie, i'm sorry, it's okay, i'm not going anywhere." Leelee whispered into Stevie's ear as she crushed her to her chest.

"Baby, i'm so sorry. I was going to tell you everything when you were better." Stevie whispered back kissing her through her tears.

"Tell me now. Quickly. I think i understand anyway. What's he doing here?" Leelee whispered kissing Stevie back.

"He's here for me. Oh Lee i'm so ashamed of myself and i swear, i swear i never knew how bad he was, it was, at home for you. I never would've let him get away with any of it if i'd known. I've been having an affair with you're father for the past 50 years Leelee, basically, we just could never get away from each other. Since i've had you back in my life my sweet girl, it's been over, i'm not in love with him anymore but i haven't been able to tell him that yet since he wouldn't answer his stupid phone. He wasn't supposed to be back until tonight. You weren't supposed to be here baby. I was going to break up with him tomorrow but i guess it's going to have to be now. I'm going to try to get him to leave." Stevie told her cupping her cheek as she spoke, Leelee knowing she was sincere as she gazed into her eyes.

Lindsey had listened to every word from the doorway in disbelief. He stepped inside the room, making his presence known.
"What the hell is going on here?" Lindsey grunted bringing Stevie back to reality.

"Lee baby, go back upstairs okay? I promise i'll explain everything properly later. I love you sweet girl," Stevie told her and she nodded, not wanting to see Lindsey now or ever again if she could help it.

"I love you too." Leelee let go of her and was heading for the door but Lindsey grabbed her arm and dragged her back in.

"No one is going anywhere. Stephanie baby, i don't know what she's told you, but it's not true!" Lindsey got close to Stevie, taking her face in his hands before she could stop him, caressing her cheeks. "Baby you have to believe me, i love you more than anything in the world angel. You know i do, you know i wouldn't lie to you."