Chapter 2. Appearances

Hi guys, so I thought I'd write another chapter and see how it goes?

Pic of Moira to the side :D 

QOTD : Fav male actor? (answer in the comments)

AOTD : Ian Somerhalder/Iwan Rheon/Miles Teller

Venus's POV***

"Jesus, what gives?" Moira hollered as I walked in through the door. Will eyed me as I leaned against the door and took it all in.

"You were gone for like, 45 minutes dude, I thought you got jumped or some shit!" She shrieked, running over. Yeah, or some shit, I thought to myself. "Where's the beer?" she asked, staring at me.

"I . . " I caught my breath and wondered what I should say. "There were some muggers near the store and I almost got caught, but I didn't," I said, giving them most of the truth. Will staggered over, looking concerned. "Are you alright?" He asked. I nodded, my mind taking me back to the moment where Demetri beat up those guys. And that . . . that noise that Tyrese had made. Nothing seemed to be making sense. 

"Yeah, I'm good, just a bit shaken up," I said. Will embraced me in a hug. I hugged him back and snuggled into his chest. Moira's eyes never left me as I welcomed Will's embrace. I closed my eyes and imagined those dark, cold eyes. Snapping out of it, I pushed the image aside.

-

I went to work the next day. Hey, I can't just sit at home, that doesn't the pay the bills and if it did, then I'd win the award for the hardest worker. 

Marge continued to check in on me as soon as Will decided to open his mouth about last night. Moira thought it was cool and kept coming up with a bunch of scenarios in her head about what she would have done in my position. 

"Hey, Venus," Will called as I finished wiping down the last table. I glanced at him. He smiled sheepishly. I returned the smile and walked over, wiping my hands on my apron and tucking a hair behind my ear. 

He crossed his arms, his muscles lightly showing through his shirt. "Yeah?"

"Are you really okay?" He asked. I nodded, staring at the floor. They didn't know that Demetri had been there and walked me back home. They had no idea. "You seem really out of it. Maybe you should take the rest of the day off and I'll finish up your shift," He proposed. I frowned at him.

"No way, I have to work, you know that," I told him. He rolled his eyes and smiled. "I knew you wouldn't let me, but it was worth a shot." I grinned at him.

The day went by incredibly slowly, two customers after another, and then large gaps in between. I frowned to myself as I served a couple some milkshakes. I made my way to table 7 and pulled out my notepad. There was a cute little high school couple sitting down and seeming happy. 

"Can I get anything started for you two?" I asked. The blonde girl smiled politely. "I'll have a raspberry milkshake and a house salad." I wrote down her order. "I'll have a sprite, and two cheeseburgers, no onions," He said. I smiled and walked away with their orders. 

Inside the kitchen, I waited for their order to be made by Dennis. I looked at the two, who seemed deep in conversation. The girl leaned in, hanging onto the boy's every last word. She laughed at something he'd said.

I sighed, wondering what if that was how my mother used to be with my dad. I frowned and shrugged back the memories. 

"Here ya go," Dennis said, handing me a sprite and milkshake. I thanked him, and made my way out to the table. I handed them their drinks, not that they noticed, and checked on another table.