Chapter 13. The Guardian

AHHHH

So...how'd that last chapter go? hehe

Sorry it was so short.

Pic is Morgiana and her actress is Mary Kate Olsen in the role of Beastly as the witch

Demetri's POV***

I drove back to my building, the taste of Venus on both my fingers and my mouth. I couldn't get her image out of my head.

The way her hungry eyes gazed into my own, meeting my own emotion as hers. She was nearly crumbling at my touch, and despite the fact she barely touched me, the look in her eyes and the sound of her moans was enough to get me riled up.

I closed my eyes, needing her to get out of my head, but she was invading every single thought I had. She was intoxicating, and I wasn't sure how I'd felt about it.

I didn't quite do relationships. I had far too many stresses to worry about than trying to please women and avoid fights over what to wear for dinner. I'd tried girlfriends, under my mother's watching eye, but each one never worked because I had far too many obligations.

I could really fuck things up with Venus, and though I blamed it on the "eternal soul mates bond" I didn't want to see her hurt. I had a feeling she'd been hurt in the past, but hadn't we all in some defining way?

I needed to clear my head.

As soon as I got to the building, I hopped out of my SUV and made my way in. I pass the young, blonde accountant, Cindy or something, I don't remember her name; I don't really care enough to. She gives me a friendly smile, one I don't return as I make my way to the elevator.

As I step in, I catch a familiar scent. The doors open and I see the one and only Morgiana along with Reese. The two seemed to be engaged in an argument of the sorta as I step in. Reese continues to bite on his lip ring while Morgiana crosses her arms and plays with her blonde hair.

The door closes, and leaves the three of us, an Alpha and two Peacekeepers, trapped inside.

"Morgiana, Reese," I regarded them each. Morgiana grins, her dark lips curling up. "Demetri, time doesn't seem to have an affect on you," She adds. She's clad in a skin tight black dress with a small cape thing attached to the back, draping to the floor around her stilettos. She gives me a playful wink with her heavily caked on eye-shadowed blue eyes.

I ignore her. I know there's nothing else you can do when it comes to Morgiana. She's an impressive Peacekeeper; one not to be trifled with. Reese's abilities were beyond me, for he seldom showed me.

"We've come to discuss some things with both you and Landon Silver," Reece said, sighing. I heard Morgiana chuckle only to add to my annoyance. I felt my skin crawl at the mention of my rival's name. 

"Is he here?" I growled. 

"Oh, do tell him Reese," The goth Peacekeeper cooed in his ears, making him recoil. Of course he would, now that his soulmate was found. I felt my blood begin to boil. I was an Alpha, a leader. I didn't tolerate the fact of not knowing things - especially in my own territory - about others before me.

The elevator let out a sing song noise, and the doors opened to reveal my office floor.

I stepped out, the two following me. "Is it safe to assume he's here?" I grunted.

"Yes. And we've come to discuss his perimeter breach as I'm also sure you can assume we would do," Reece added. My wolf began to pace at the mention. Of course I knew the Peacekeepers would get themselves involved, something they excelled at.