Chapter 24. Feeling Red

Woah look ah dah, a fast ish update lol.

This will be in some 3rd and some 1st person!!

QOTD: Do you prefer 1st person or 3rd?

MY ANSWER: I prefer to write in 3rd and read in 1st

Venus scrubbed the table, her hand going repetitive circular motions, over and over again. The table seemed clean, but she was lost in her own world. Her thoughts were consumed by yesterday's conversation with Demetri.

Getting herself together for work was a struggle. She hadn't spoken with Moira, and although she had a feeling Will remained innocent from all of the lies and deceit, she couldn't trust anyone anymore. 

She could feel the heated gaze of Moira every second of the day. Though the two didn't talk, the tension could cut like a knife. Venus couldn't even fathom why Moira had lied, the two were friends.  Or so she thought. It was hard, because Venus did her best to try and understand what Demetri said, about corrupting her free willed choice of choosing a pack to protect and fight for. But on the other hand, she was drowning in a pool of lies. Moira, along with the others, only watched her sink.

"Honey, everything okay?" 

Marge trekked over, her hair bouncing with each step. Her look negated Venus. She was wearing bright blue eyeshadow, with a light pink lip. Her brightness radiated and then there was Venus, who needless to say, was in no mood to radiate. 

"Yeah," was all she could manage. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Moira talking to a customer at a table, but her attention was focused on Venus.

"You know you can talk to me," the older woman tried again. Her eyes met with Venus. The only sort of motherly figure the girl had. At the look in her eyes, Venus nearly melted and began to cry. She wanted to have a mother to hold in times of need, to have her rocked back and forth and to be told that everything would be okay. 

Marge had been great to her for the past years, but she felt ridiculous to reach out. It was her drama, and hers alone.

"I know. I'm fine, really."

"Oh? You've been cleaning this table for the past 10 minutes. Trust me, I like a clean table as much as the next gal, but I think this one could use a break," She smiled and put a hand on her shoulder before walking away.

Venus sighed, and set down the rag. Taking a moment, she meandered throughout the tables and booths, passed Moira, and near the kitchen. Looking for anything to keep her busy, aside from scrubbing tables and booths for 10 minutes, she eyed the trash can. It wasn't full, but she needed a new task.

Reaching down, she tied up the bag, and walked to the back door. As she entered the back, she couldn't help but be reminded of the few times Demetri had met her out here. The first time, while although very unpleasant, he'd been swiping shrimp from her hair. But the second time...his hands had been somewhere a little more different.

Venus touched her lips, remembering the way it felt when Demetri's mouth was on hers. The fire, the passion, the hunger...She couldn't shake the feeling. She'd never felt that way with anyone before, not even the boy from Chicago. She shook her head, to rid herself of all these memories, but Demetri remained imprinted in her brain.

Closing her eyes, she pictured him there, pinning her up against the wall. The energy bouncing off the walls as the two would stare at each other, not sure who would make the next move. She used to think he'd be the first one to make a bold step, but now she wasn't sure. The fire he could ignite in her could spread like a wildfire. But it was dangerous. He was dangerous.