Chapter 7. Cold Shoulders

Don't hate me for this cuz the pic is of Demetri's house and YES IK IT'S SIMS OKAY XD

It's been 2 days and no word from Demetri. I was both annoyed and proud of myself for keeping up my usual routines. Annoyed because a part of me wanted him to bother me some more and pop in whenever he wanted and proud because hey, I was proving that I really was independent.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Will asked as he stood over me. I wiped the table one last time and frowned.

"Yes, I just got way too drunk."

I didn't tell Will the whole story. I wasn't lying, I was just keeping some of it hidden. I didn't like keeping things from him, he was my friend and I began to feel a little guilty. But I didn't need him to follow along Marge's and Moira's thoughts of Demetri being shady and dangerous.

Speaking of Moira, I hadn't seen her all day. She didn't even come into work, so maybe she too had witnessed the horrible effects of drinking. I made it a point to see her later. 

"But you just left out of nowhere. You really freaked me out. Moira and her boyfriend didn't tell me what happened cuz they also dipped on me."

Will had a sour look on his face and I honestly didn't blame him. We all seemed to have left a very drunken Will in that bar without any explanation.

"I'm sorry Will, I am. I didn't mean to freak you out, but it's okay, I just wasn't in my right mind. I walked outside then just walked home." I lied through my teeth. Sure, Demetri had told me he was in the area, but a part of me still felt skeptical about if that's what really happened.

"It's okay, just don't leave your friend a bar with two gay guys hitting on him and having no way out as his friends ditch. Got it?" He asked. I laughed at him. "Awe, I'm sure you didn't dislike the attention," I teased, walking to the back.

He followed me with a scowl. "Hey, no, I'm not into that."

"It's totally cool if you are, you know me and Moira are very accepting."

"Not funny," He said with a pout.

"So funny," I replied. 

-

The day was going by eerily slowly. Marge was even so bored she began to do her makeup again in the back of the kitchen where she pulled out a compact mirror from inside her bra. Will resulted to playing some music on his phone, and I began to read that book from the library at table 4. 

The door dinged, and in walked a customer. Well at least it gave us all something to do. I closed the book, put it on the table, and walked up to the front to greet the man.

"Just you?" I asked, pulling out a notepad. "No, another will be joining me."

I looked up and grimaced. The familiar dark hair and pointed nose brought me back to the library where he had been screaming at Richard. "You," I mumbled. I shut my mouth, realizing that was incredibly rude and unprofessional. 

Narrowing his beady eyes at me, he seemed to be recognizing who I was. "You're the girl from the library, aren't you?" He asked, his voice reminding me of a slithering snake. I nodded, keeping my distance from him. He made my skin crawl, whether or not he was trying was beyond me.

"I apologize for the scene you saw that day."

I stared at him, skeptical of his apology. It seemed like most people I had been dealing with lately seemed to be falling short of the remorseful scale.

I held my breath as he held his hand out. Hesitating, I shook it and felt a darkness loom around the room. I did my best not to recoiled immediately. He noticed it too, but said nothing as I led him to a table. He sat down with ease, his business suit barely folding as he walked.