Chapter 17. Shaken

Hey so I know the last chapter was shortish so I hope to update fast.

I had SATs this morning from 7:45 all the way to 1. I'm exhausted and my brain is fried but I felt bad for the short update so I'll try and power through for you guys <3

Warning though, will be grammar issues.

Venus's POV***

I went to bed that night regretting all that had just gone down. I guess Demetri wasn't all to blame. I should have stopped him, and never should have let him come into my home, and allow him to see my so vulnerable. I tried that once and it didn't work out, and yet here I was repeating the same mistake.

I think what was killing me the most was that I had vouched for Demetri against everyone. Moira, Will, and even Marge. They'd warned me time after time that he was dangerous; that I must stay away and isolate myself from him. What did I do? The exact opposite.

The realization dawned on me that I'd been played. But I still wasn't sure how. Demetri didn't get sex from me - afterall he's the one who stopped us from continuing the journey. What was he into? Emotional destruction? The sick bastard. I hated myself for letting him play me and disregarding everyone else's cautious words.

I scrubbed the table, slowly and lackadaisically. I lifted my hand to swipe an untouched section of the table and my bones felt heavier than usual and I didn't try my best to wipe every section.

I wiped my hands on my dress and looked out the window. Outside was a gray, solemn sky and not a single ounce of sun peaked through the dark clouds. Great, the outer world represented how I felt on the inside.

I turned around and slowly stalked towards the kitchen.

On my way in, I ran into Brooke who was snacking on some fries.

"Hey," She addressed. I nodded towards her and forced a way too painful smile and began to fill a cup with soda. Maybe I was in the need for caffeine. I glanced at the soda dispenser. Nope. I would need something a bit more powerful : coffee.

I set down the half full glass and went to the coffee machine.

"Um, are you okay?" Brooke asked me as I put the sugar in before the actual coffee. I blinked a few times before sighing at my oblivion.

"Just tired." And it was the truth. I hadn't slept a wink last night since Demetri left my place. The look in his eyes as he told me he didn't want to have sex with me, or whatever it was that he meant, came to the battlefront of my mind. I felt frustration and sadness hit and it bothered me that I was so affected by his measly presence. Plus he also got to see the most intimate parts of me, and that was also humiliating.

I felt like a used wash cloth. Sad, lumpy and left alone to dry.

"It's been a slow day. The weather outside makes me tired too."

I didn't reply to her, just nodded. I could see her pick up another fry and lift it to her mouth.

"French fry?" She asked. I turned my head and she was holding out a big, fat stick of yellow with a huge glob of red hanging off the tip. I smiled and grabbed it before putting it in my mouth. It tasted better than I thought. When was the last time I'd eaten? I think it was before Brooke's party.

"Well, no one is here, let's eat. I can whip something up in the back kitchen."

"You can?"

"I'm young but I know how to cook. Burger sound good?" She asked. I raised an eyebrow but I was broke and food was hard to always afford, so I easily obliged.