Chapter 10. Repercussions

Hey guys so how'd ya feel after the last episode?

wow...I'm so tired I just wrote episode instead of chapter xD Jee wiz ugh.

How was your Thanksgiving? What'd you guys do? I spent mine with my mom, step dad and grandpa. Pretty mediocre, but ya know whatevs. 

My fingers trail against my lips without my really knowing. A slight tingle still lingers on them. I look up, staring at Demetri. He's breathing hard, harder than I am. His back is to me but I see his shoulders moving up and down voluntarily with a swift pace.

I feel a pool of emotions thrash around in my stomach and I feel a sudden urge to know what he's thinking. In fact, I'm wanting to know what I'm thinking! What was I thinking, really? Why did I suddenly request for him to kiss me? That wasn't like me at all, I wasn't desperate for male attention, and my own words seemed to shock me. But in the end, he did oblige to my out of character demand.

Is he regretting it? Am I? I feel something, more like doubt that this wasn't the time for that. While I barely knew him, there was something that I just couldn't stop. It felt like he was a magnet, pulling me towards him head on.

If I was being honest with myself, I had to admit that I'd never kissed anyone like that, ever. Not even . . . I shake my head and feel worry swarm into my blood as I stare at his heaving form.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to . . I'm . ." I try to say something, but I have nothing to say. Am I sorry we kissed? No. But I am sorry if I made him feel cornered and not ready. I still have no idea what I was thinking. It was like word vomit and out of my mouth it came.

"Don't." His voice is deep and demanding, and I shiver uncontrollably.

"I just-"

"Don't! Don't apologize," He replies a bit more gently, before turning around to face me. His jaw is clenched so hard I'm wondering if he's alright. I glanced at his disheveled hair, sincerely the work of my hands.

I gulp and the air around us is thick with tension. What do we do now?

"Do you regret it?" He asks, eyes blazing. His stare keeps me in a trance and for some reason I can't move. Whatever connection we've had with one another, something inside me just told me it's about to get stronger no matter the cost.

"N-not regret. More like, confusion," I say. He nodded. "Do you? You know, regret it?" I asked.

"No." His answer comes out so fast that it gives me whiplash.

"I um, I just want you to know, I don't really do that," I mutter. My awkwardness is flowing off me in waves, something I wish I could shut off. I hated awkward situations; they make me cringe.

He raised his brows at me with nonchalance. "Okay.."

I want to slap myself for making this situation ten times worse. I don't know what to say or what to do right now.

"Why are you confused?" He asked.

"Well, basically . . . I haven't been out with anyone in a while and I don't know what we are, nor what you want or what you think this is, or expect, I just feel like I said something without thinking about the aftermath."

"I see."

His answer disappoints me for some reason that I cannot fathom. He wasn't really even answering me and a small sense of frustration becomes me.

"Well I appreciate you bringing me here, whatever your reasoning may be," I retort, a bit of my sass shining off me. I turned my back to him and I can't help but feel every single emotion. Why am I being like this? I can't hep it, my attitude is out of the roof and I want to yell at him but I don't even know why.