Chapter 31. The Guardian

Hey ya'll!! My apologies for the cliffhanger lol. I'm going to start my second semester soon and I'll be really busy with my two jobs, soccer, and I'm also going to fly to New York to see my mans so I'm updating this sooner than I usually would because I'm garbage.

Moira

Leaning back on the sofa, I watch lazily as Reese makes me dinner. He keeps his blonde head of hair turned from me, delicately pouring us some wine. I'd usually take something - anything, harder than wine, but since I've been with Reese I've grown to like the taste.

He looks over at me, both glasses in his hand, and makes his way out of the kitchen. As he comes  into the living room, he pauses as if he's seen a ghost. I hear the crash of glass on the tile before I realize something is wrong. He looks down at the mess he's created, almost as if he's trying to comprehend something. Within seconds, I'm up and at his side.

"What's wrong?" I ask him. He still has his blue eyes focused on the mess, but it's as though he's looking through the floor, not at it.

"Somethings' happening with Venus."

I feel a pit form in my stomach. "What? What do you mean? How do you know?" I pepper him with questions, desperate to get him to look at me and help me understand. 

"I'm a Peacekeeper..." 

"Are you saying it's time? Like, right now?" 

He looks at me, straightening up and shaking his head, eyes closed. "Reese, what's happening?" I hate how upset I sound.

"I think it's happening. I think The Great Battle is happening." His voice is grim and somber, and I can tell there's a million different things going on his head right now.

With those words, he doesn't hesitate to grab his keys, and together we're off trying to locate Venus, Demetri and Landon.

"But she has to choose a side! And the other half of the Prophecy..." I trail off, clutching the doors' "Oh-Shit-Handle",  as Reese meanders through other cars in a sloppy manner.

He says nothing, swerving harshly into the turning lane without so much as a glance.

"Things are different this time around!" He hisses, clenching his teeth as it seems like he's in some sort of pain.

"What's happening to you?" I ask, a hand on his shoulder. He tries to offer me a smile, although I was never upset in the first place with him snapping at me.

"My body..it feels like.." His eyes roll back and his arms go lip.

"Reese! Reese!" I scream, reaching over him and grabbing the wheel as his head falls forward. We're going the opposite way into traffic, with Reese knocked out, and me desperately trying to get us back onto the right side of the road.

"God fucking damn-it!" I can't help but scream.

Venus

"I gave you every opportunity, Venus!" Landon yells, his face contorting into one of anger. Demetri lets out a warning growl from deep in his throat, putting his body in front of mine.

A wolf steps forward, about 5 yards away, letting out a raw snarl. 

We're fucked.

At least I think we are, until I see a man with many layers on, hair to his shoulders, and pale complexion come skulking out from the eastern side of the forest. 

"Not a fair fight, fifteen to one..and a half," The man says, coming me and Demetri. I shy away from him, but Demetri nods and I can tell he's probably a packmate.