Chapter 29. Where We Belong

I make no apologies for the dirtiness of the chapters (JUSSAYIN MWAHAHA)

"Her name is Morgiana," Reese explained, tightening his grip on Moira. 

I had made it a point to find Reese after everything with the woman who had snuck into my apartment, only to partake in some form of voodoo and take the air from my lungs.

I frown when I remember she asks me to tell Demetri and Reese her "hello". Suddenly, I'm picturing her next to Demetri, too close for comfort with that smirk on her pale, yet unfortunately perfect face. The thought makes my stomach churn.

That bitch.

I decided that I hated her.

"She's who we thought snuck into your apartment and broke the window. I didn't think she'd have the balls to come back," Moira says, biting her black lips. I still can't get over how Moira hid so much from me, but I was going to try and make this friendship work. 

"Why does she seem to hate me so much?" 

Reese sighed, and Moira shrugged nonchalantly. "Could be because you're the Guardian, could be because she's a psychotic slut," Moira replies, her bitterness only deepening. She too had the same reaction as I did when Reese's name came out of that witches' mouth.

"Well that's just great," I groan, rubbing my temples. Moira sips her coffee silently, surely walking on thin ice since our little fight not too long ago. Luckily it was settled, but now we're rebuilding what was broke, so it'll take time.

"She's not the ideal Peacekeeper, seeing as she usually does the opposite of said title. Have you told Demetri about this yet?" Reese asked, lifting his brow with the ring in it. A pang of guilt hit me as he mentioned his name.

All I can see are those massive paws and enormous jaws...

"No, not yet."

"Well the sooner the better, he should really know about this," Reese says with a light smile. I nod. "I know, wait..what time is it anyway?" I ask, feeling panic stir.

"Um, 6:50, why?" Moira asks. 

"Shit! I gotta go-"

"Why's that?" I freeze when the deep voice omits from behind me.

I don't move when I realize that his chest touches my back, and I find myself holding my breath.

"You weren't at your apartment," Demetri says, his eyes filled with ice. 

"No..." I glance at Reese who's rubbing his neck uncomfortably. That little snake told Demetri where I was! I scowl at him, only making him laugh nervously while Moira starts an argument with him.

"It seems you had a visitor you didn't tell me about," Demetri says. I turn to face him and feel my insides churn, in both a good and bad way. Good because his hair is slightly ran through as though he had jell in it but went to sleep with it, and it somehow came out hot? He's the only guy I know that makes me feel so weak at the knees. Did I really just say that? Then bad because I know I'm in for it since I didn't tell him about Morgiana.

"I think we're gonna go," Reese says, grabbing a disgruntled Moira who mouths "sorry" to me. Offering her a smile, she returns it and the two leave the coffee shop.

Demetri takes Reese's spot across from me, crosses his arms, and waits for me to speak.

"She just kind of snuck in and did some kind of...um, spell, on me," I say, feeling oddly nervous. The last time I saw Demetri we were taking a trip down memory lane. And wolf lane.

"It's called Magyk, all of the Peacekeepers have it. She just uses it at everyone's expense," He muttered, with a glance to the side as if remembering something. Crossing my arms, I wait for him to speak.