Chapter 25. Maybe

Hi guuysss

This will be a shorter chapter, sorry! I have so much going on trying to get ready for college and plus my parents are trying to sell our house, and my sister is getting married so YA I'M JUST A BUSY, STRESSED, BEE

Wow I bet I lost so many readers over the past year lol the inactivity hurts a little, but I understand, I mean i'm the one who abandoned the book. Still makes me sad though. I LOVE comments, I eat em up. They are my favorite. I love seeing everyone react to certain quotes or as if they're talking to my characters. Always feel free to do so. Along with critical helpfullnesssss

Venus stirred in her sleep, but this time her dreams took her away from the dark Chicago nights, and to him, Demetri. It was a dream, that for once seemed almost...what was that word? Normal. So foreign to the tongue, and so close to arms reach.

He was in a bed, smiling. An actual, true and genuine smile. It was one that could only be seen her dreams. He looked at her, hair disheveled and eyes light and warm. It was so unlike Demetri to look so aloof. She wandered over to him, and sat down. Looking down, she was in a short, silky, violet camisole-like dress. 

He held out his hand for her to grab, and she did, relishing in the warmth he was radiating. It was strange to see him like this, but she wasn't willing to give up the dream. Not yet.

"You're beautiful," He said, with a deep voice that gave her chills. The smile spread across her face before she could help it. He pulled her onto him, causing her to laugh. She felt so light, laughing with him. As she rest on his bare chest, she felt him growl. And although it surprised him, she pressed a hand on his upper chest, feeling the vibrations. They were soothing. 

Smiling, she reached up to hiss him. 

Venus awoke with a start, her eyes filled with tears. She sprung up from her bed, and went over the dream in her head until she was sure the memory would last a long time. She reached to her cheek, and wiped the tear. She studied it on her finger.

She hadn't cried because she was upset or sad. Rather from the immediate sense of loss she felt within her very being. She let out a disgruntled sigh and flopped back onto her pillow. She had felt so confused. Everyone had lied to her, those she'd known longer than Demetri. But his betrayal hit home. Why? That was what she didn't understand. 

Frustrated, she flopped down onto her pillow and let out a groan while wiping her eyes. She felt ridiculous, but maybe that was okay given this new situation, no, her new reality. She couldn't just forget everything and go back to living like how she used to.

She rolled over, grabbing her phone. The cracked screen showed that it was now 7. She sighed, and checked her work schedule. As her eyes meandered to different parts of the screen, she realized she had the day off. 

That made things worse, because now she was going to be left with just her thoughts all day. Work could at least provide her a place to keep herself busy. 

That morning, Venus got up, got ready, and went out. She decided she would treat herself that day. That began with going to Starbucks just around the corner. After arriving, she got in line, ordered a strong coffee, and sat down while waiting for her name to be called. She had to ignore the strange look the barista gave her when she called out the girl with the name of a planet.  

After getting her coffee, she walked outside and found an empty table she could have to herself. Once sitting down, her thoughts went back to everything that had happened in the last week.