Chapter 14. Birthday Party

Hey guys bah humbug, I am so freaking tired. I love that we're nearly at 7k!!!

Keep up the good work you guys and if you ever can, spread the word to others about my books :D

So I was thinking. I might make a trailor for this book?? It's lame though because it'll just be pics, no gifs, and I really want a trailor and a new poster or banner of the cover.

IF you are interested, please let me know, message me or leave a comment!!!

Venus's POV***

I cover my eyes with my hands, waiting for Moira to come out of my bedroom. "You ready?"

"Have been for the past hour," I groaned. I could almost feel her obnoxious smile as she waltzed into my narrow hallway with her . . . attire. Her black dress has a sweetheart neckline and clings to her body, showing off her stunningly lanky figure. The dress seems like it's made of latex and barely reaches just below mid thigh. In her "defense", she's clad in fishnet stockings with tears down the sides with small high heels covering her feet.

"If she wants to judge me then she can kick me the hell out. I'm only there for the alcohal," She reminds me for the 400th time. I had finally convinced Moira to come with me to Brooke's gathering and tonight was the night. After 30 minutes of bargaining, she agreed to come but only if I took on kitchen cleaning duty for the next few days.

I personally believed Moira was only wearing one of her most rebellious outfits only to test Brooke's buttons. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Um, that's what you're wearing?" Moira asked me, disapproval coating her words. I looked down at myself. I was wearing a simple tee shirt, leggings and my grey moccasins. Meanwhile, Moira looked like she was ready to attend a Satanic ritual that would seemingly involve a rave and drugs. Of course I'd never say that, but I sure as hell can think it.

"Well, you know how it is. Money is tight and I don't have time to go shopping for fancy outfits," I replied, getting defensive.

"Oh come on! You have a killer body, much better than my skeleton's figure, so at least do what I always try to do, and show it."

I frowned, unsure of how to answer her.

"Seriously, don't be a chicken."

"I am not," I defend myself, sitting up from my couch. "Easy Crouching Tiger-San, but you need both an outfit and attitude adjustment."

I know I won't be able to shake her disapproving words from my mind so I reluctantly agree to change. I begin to dig through my nearly empty closet. I worked so much I didn't even need to really buy that many clothes. I had a few jeans, some sweats, and some plain tee shirts.  I frowned. Didn't I have anything that looked  . . . well like I hadn't just crawled out of a dumpster?

I picked a sheer black tank top, and my dark leggings, following with a cardigan and my black toms. This was definitely as good as it was going to get.  I considered putting my hair in a side braid, but then remembered I looked like a prepubescent 8th grader while Brooke looked glamorous and attractive.

I settled for leaving it down, just for tonight.

I walked out and saw Moira crinkle her nose, but let out a small smile.

"Well, not my first choice of clothes, but definitely much better. I can actually see your tits!" She exclaimed. I was used to her dirty words, so I threw my small clutch at her, making her laugh.

"If we had it your way, you'd dress me up in a cleaning rag as long as it was black and had rips."

She flipped me off before the two of us left for Brooke's little party.