Chapter 7

After getting back to my studio late last night from New York I decided that Brooke could camp out on the couch again and enjoy endless amounts of Netflix. I liked the way Brooke's family treated me like an older sister to Brooke, and basically anytime we wanted to hang out it was always open.

"Is Kyle coming back tonight?"
Brooke stood in front of his bedroom door.

"He might I'm not sure"

She smiled and shrugged staring at me
"I'm taking his bed, he can have the couch if he comes home"

I smiled and shook my head
"Goodnight Brooke"

She waved at me and closed the door softly. I ventured off to the dining room where my studio was at, it was a wreck, paint brushes everywhere, old water cups, sheets. I bit my lip and picked up an old newspaper I had mixed colors on and tossed it in a trashbag that was laying down next to me.

"This place is a wreck"
I whispered to myself.

I wanted to make a good impression when Reagan came over , so my only choice was to clean this place up.

-

"You really like her"
Kyle came inside smiling as he glanced around the room.

I was sitting on the floor letting the sunshine come in as I sketched parts of the city.

"What do you mean?"
I glanced up at him, a grin spread across his face.

"You like her, you cleaned your studio"

"So?"

"You never clean your studio!"
He sat down beside me.

"She's interesting"
I shrugged, thinking of her.

"I think she digs you too though"
Kyle nodded, taking the sketch pad from my lap.

I watched him trace a realistic butterfly in the corner.
"She's your butterfly"

"She's Reagan"

"Reagan AKA butterfly"

I laughed shaking my head at him.
"You're stupid"

"So do you got like a evening planned? Dinner made?"

I bit my lip.
"I wanted to take her to an art exhibit"

"Where?"

"New York is the only place I really go"

"Brooke said something about a comfort zone and how you made her come out of her shell so why not try like Atlanta or Miami"

I shrugged.
"I'll look it up"

He motioned for me to hand me my backpack an I knew he was going to log on to my computer an search it up himself, which was going to work well because that means I wouldn't chicken out or lie about art shows.

"One in Atlanta this Friday"

I nodded
"I'll take her"

"Invite her"
I corrected myself.

I gave Kyle my credit card an had him pre-order two tickets and fast mailing shipment. They'd be here tomorrow afternoon, which was convenient.

"So what do I get for helping?"

I stood up closing my sketch book.
"What do you want?"

"Xbox and delivery pizza"
He smiled.

I shook my head
"What game?"

"Guitar hero, grand theft auto, zombies, zombies everywhere"

I smiled
"Fine"

After we spent ten minutes hooking his xbox into the 70 inch tv in the living room we had four pepperoni pizzas delivered to our apartment. And after that the game was on, it was an all out war.

"Shoot that woman in the head an take her whip!"
Kyle shouted, telling me where to move my character.

I bit my lip and shot the woman in her crappy car, a few pedestrians screamed but I didn't care, this car was mine an I wasn't going to stop until I was driving recklessly down the street.

"I feel like a madman"

"Well you look great doing it"

I continued to shoot my gun out of the window as I ran over countless screaming pedestrians, two yellow stars appeared in the corner of the screen an police sirens started roaring behind me.

"Shit"
I cursed, holding in the accelerator

"If you get busted it's my turn"

"I'm going to get away"

Just as I spoke too soon my car crashed into a rail an I was flung from the vehicle, I was wasted.

"It's so unrealistic!"
I put the controller on the couch beside me

"How?"
Kyle laughed next to me

"You hit a rail going a hundred miles an hour of course you'll get slung from your car"

"Why isn't there a button to put on your stupid seatbelt"
I argued.

He shook his head
"Because it's grand theft auto, nobody has time to put on a seatbelt when your trying to purposely break the rules"

"Maybe we should try a new game"
I suggested.

Kyle smiled and shook his head
"I get my turn at this game first"

I nodded watching him continue the game at a hospital, instantly a pedestrian started talking smack to Kyle's character and with a running punch, Kyle sent the guy to the pavement.

"You can't just punch people"

"You shot a woman to get her car"

"I needed a car"

"your not suppose to let people walk all over you, so I fixed that little problem"

I shook my head eating a slice of pizza staring at the map of the city.
"Go to the strip club"

Kyle laughed and pinpointed it on the map and drove recklessly towards the dot.

"They got a art gallery somewhere maybe"

"Strippers are art"

"How?"

"Can you do the things they do on that pole, that is art, it's dancing"

He nodded
"I see"

He quickly walked inside the building that was suppose to be a strip club, I noticed all the seats an bars an poles around the room.

"I haven't played video games in years"

"Perks of being a teenager"

"I'm almost 18"

"In like a month"

"Hopefully I can see Cameron an Leah then"
I bit my lip.

"Your sisters will probably want to see you too"

I nodded feeling the tiredness sweep over my body, maybe it could've been the sadness, but the clock read 2:39 in the morning and I knew these were unusual hours for me. I stood sticking the leftover pizza in the refrigerator and I leaned against the back of the couch.

"I need to sleep"

"Cutting out on me"

"Kinda"
I whispered.

"Goodnight Katie"

"Goodnight Kyle"

____

AUTHORS NOTE;

Please tell me what you guys think so far!

It would be greatly appreciated.

Do you guys like the chemistry that is obvious between Katie and Reagan.
Brooke and Katie's friendship! The Copeland family.

Just, any feedback will be great (: