Chapter 16

I stared at the isle in Walmart full of camping gear and fought a mental battle where I couldn't decide on the tents that I should buy.

"So Kyle and Brooke are going to be in one tent"

"Reagan and Georgia"
Cameron laughed

"So me an you get a tent?"
I put my hands on my hips staring at the display of Coleman tents.

I pulled three tents off the shelf and tossed them in the cart. I looked at the list I had printed off google and checked off tents and went on to the next item.

After an hour of searching I found everything from lanterns to cots and flashlights, fire starters and matches, fishing poles and bug spray. If it was needed for camping I got it.

"That's a lot of stuff"
Cameron laughed at me as I pushed the crammed cart down the isle.

"Momma always said its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it"

"Mom never said that"

I pushed the cart passed her and grunted as I turned it
"Yes she did"

When we got to the register I piled all the stuff on the scanner and watched as the price went up, hitting almost a thousand dollars of equipment I slid my credit card and typed in my code and the cashier smiled at me.

"Twins huh?"

Cameron shook her head
"Set of triplets, we have another one in Paris"

The cashier nodded as if she was playing along to some story we had going but really we didn't, it was true.

We stuffed the bags of camping gear in the back of the limo and slid in the backseat with a loud thump.

"We need to hit a grocery store"
I heaved speaking to my driver.

I knew that we needed s'mores stuff and hotdogs and a lot of other camping foods. I pulled out my grocery list and proceeded inside the grocery store that was half dead. Inside Cameron and I danced around the isles singing the Madonna song that played on the speaker.

"I feel like were living"

I turned to her and threw a bag of goldfish in her hands.
"Add a little light to the dark"

"How?"

"Have friends that make it feel like it's blood"
I turned away from her and kept shopping, not giving her time to think about it.

And that's what I did, I kept friends so close they were considered blood family. Kyle and Brooke were like my brother and sister, and I loved them like that.

I picked up a bag of cookies and by the end of the shopping trip we had well over enough groceries. And I knew that nobody would go hungry.

Cameron pushed the cart out into the parking lot as the wheels rolled over the concrete quickly, she jumped up on the metal bar and rode the shopping cart to the car, I smiled at how wild and free she was being, and it made me happy to know that in some ways we were similar.

"Tomorrow we get an RV"
I smiled.

"Reagan and Kyle can drive, I'm going to assume they'll split the drive time"

___

"Get up!!"
I heard Cameron pull the blankets off me.

"What?"
I groaned, reaching for the blankets to pull back over me. The instant cool air woke me up, but in hopes id find the blanket and be able to go back to sleep.