Chapter 25

-it's Sunday, the liquor store is closed, do you want to meet my father?

I read the message from Georgia quickly replying.

-yes! I'll pick you up in the limo in a few.

-grandparents house.

The limo pulled up at the familiar place where I had spent the night accidentally with Reagan, Georgia jogged past a mini van an climbed in the back with me. She began looking around at the back of the limo.

"My dad said that he's been working on his truck for the past week and he wants me to check it out, I told him I want him to meet my friend"

I nodded
"Well, I don't know how I'm going to bring it up to him yet but I know that I want to offer him help"

After five minutes we pulled up at the house, it was a White House with the picket fence an a garage, it reminded me of family and a home, but I knew that things can be beautiful on the outside an ugly on the inside.

Georgia bit her lip nervously as we stepped out of the limo and walked up the sidewalk.
"His name is Steven"

Georgia knocked once an opened the door, the smell of stale cigarettes and whiskey met my nose an I knew I wasn't prepared for this.

"Dad!"
Georgia shouted.

We turned the corner into the living room an found the man lying on the floor unconscious.
"I'll call an ambulance!"

I pulled my phone from my hands while Georgia leaned down inspecting him. He was cold and vomit was dripping down the corner of his mouth an a small puddle on the floor

After minutes on the phone the sirens grew near an soon the paramedics had him wheeled out into the ambulance.

"We have to ride with him!"
Georgia shouted.

I grabbed her arms and pulled her into reality where she needed to think straight.
"We will follow him Georgia okay?"

She nodded an tears started falling down her cheeks, I grabbed her hand and ran for the limo where the driver already knew where we wanted to go.

I picked my phone up dialing Reagan.

"Katie, hey"
She spoke excitedly.

"Hey, your dad is headed to the hospital in an ambulance, Georgia an I found him when she came to introduce me"

"Oh my god is he okay?!"
She changed her mood quickly.

"He was passed out an he had puked before we were there, I think Georgia is going to need you"

"Take care of her till I get there Katie, please"

I nodded in the phone.
"I will, I promise"

I hung up the phone and turned to Georgia who was balling into her hands, she was to young to see things like that.

"He's going to be alright"
I rubbed her back, trying to be some sort of comfort.

"He's all I have, Reagan an I"

"You guys are all he has too"
I glanced up seeing the hospital come into view.

After minutes we quickly got out an ran inside, I stood at the desk asking for information and she stood her ground and pointed to the waiting room where we sat next to each other. Georgia had stopped crying and mostly stared at the floor, we could hear phones ringing and doctors and nurses walking in an out , all we were waiting to hear was his name.