Chapter 23

I sat in the front seat next to Reagan as she drove the RV out of the campground, I was sad to go, but I knew I'd be back. I was sure of it.

"So on too LA"

"Arizona actually, we gotta go see Leah and my mom"
I stared out the window watching the campground disappear.

"Meeting the family"
Reagan laughed.

I pulled out my sketch pad and began sketching things I seen on the sides of the highways, red barns, junk car lots, houses, towns. It was one big jumbled mess but I could make sense of it.

Reagan turned the radio up, I guess she got tired of the silence, but then she slowly spoke
"Sorry I like this song"

It was the song they played at the end of breakfast club and I kept playing the movie in the back of my head. I smiled to myself and shut my sketch pad , when I got home one hell of a painting was coming from this.

___

"Katie we are here at your moms, you fell asleep"
I pulled the other headphone from my ear and stretched.

"Where's everyone?"

"Outside the RV with your mom, your sister is in a wheelchair"

I stood up and fixed myself before stepping outside in the hot humid Arizona air.

"Hello child number three!"
I felt my mothers arms trace around my neck and hug me.

I haven't felt her hug since the last time at the hotel, and in all honesty it was an empty hug, like it was a mothers hug but all the security and safety that was suppose to be in it was gone.

"Hi mom"

I pulled away smiling at her then over at Leah who was looking up at me.
"So ballerina, you broke an ankle?"

"I broke an ankle"
She confessed.

Leah was more of the stronger suit, she held herself together more presentably than Cameron an I. If anyone would take over the company it would be her, she looked right in a blazer and high heels, like she was one bad bitch walking down the hall going to her office. But she pulled off ballet, it was her passion.

"When's it going to heal?"

"Weeks , too long for me"

"I'm sure YouTube has some videos you can watch of people dancing to ease the pain"

I turned to look at everyone finally introduced themselves so I only thought it was right of me to announce Reagan as my girlfriend.

"Mom, you met Reagan?"
I walked next to Reagan placing my palm on the middle of her back.

My mother smiled and nodded
"She's my girlfriend, and this is her little sister Georgia"

"And Kyle is the guy you live with"
She stated as if she had learned something about me.

I nodded and motioned everyone to my sister.
"Leah, meet Reagan my girlfriend and Georgia her little sister"

Leah stretched out her arm and introduced herself properly, told you she had a strong suit.

I grabbed the handles of her wheelchair and followed everyone in the house, I could hear a man and children talking about cartoons and I was fixing to see the family life that I always thought I deserved, that Cameron and Leah deserved.

"Everyone, this is Callie, and Noah, and my husband Ricky"
My mother introduced us all.

My mother then turned to them
"These are my daughters Leah Cameron and Katie, this is Kyle , Reagan and Georgia"