Chapter 28

"Oh shit!"
I heard Cameron storm into my room.

"Katie get up we are late what if we don't get the house!?"

I rose from my bed and rubbed my face. My dry mouth kept me from talking so I just groaned to show her I was alive and coherent.

"Katie!"
I heard Leah and her crutches come into my room.

"We're pushing this flight, dads at work and we are leaving now"

I stood from my bed and slid on blue jeans from yesterday, hoping they didn't smell too bad since they spent the night on the floor. But who was I kidding, I was going to be on my private jet, if I wanted to wear just my bra and jeans, then nobody was stopping me.

"I'm ready"
I smiled, sliding my socks over my feet and tucking them into my converse.

Cameron came from the closet with my bags and smiled
"Got your stuff, let's go so we can get this house"

"Alright captain"
I smirked, following Leah from my room.

____

"I'll meet you all at the apartment when I'm done"
I smiled, staring nervously at my limo.

I was getting ready to switch vehicles so cam an Leah could get home and Leah's armpits can stop bruising from her crutches, taping washrags over them only helped so much. I quickly climbed into my limo and listened for the gps to route us too our new house.

"Ill wait for you"
The driver smiled.

"Thanks"
I stood, walking towards the house.

It seemed like a place we would live if I embraced my money a long time ago, but I was really only buying this so we could all be together.

"Ms. Copeland?"
A woman startled me as I turned to see her.

"Hi, I'm Olivia Grant, I'm here to show you the house today"
She moved her hand in a motion that would put the house on display.

"It's six bedrooms, six bathrooms, all full. Great community, the land is yours from the house to the edge of the grass. But the beach is literally on your back porch"
I smiled up at the house as we went inside.

The living room was luxurious, the stone fireplace and the hardwood floors that branched out to the rest of the house.

"The kitchen here comes with all your appliances, modern day stovetop and refrigerator, and a island"
She moved her hands around the room showing me everything.

"I - I love it"
I smiled.

"Would you like to see the rest of the house?"
She smiled over towards me.

I nodded following her through the rest of the house. Her stature reminded me of Leah, and how she acted showed through even more, I always thought Leah could be more like the people who'd belong in a office or who belonged more giving speeches in a conference room to her whole staff, or showing houses like Olivia Grant.

"The bedrooms are all the same size so no master bedroom or anything like that"
She turned to me, walking me through the last bedroom.

"I really like it, I'd like to buy it"

She opened up her folder she had been carrying with her for the whole tour and pulled out information.

Total price to give me a huge house so I can live with my sisters?

$760,632.23

The 23 cents is just pocket change. Thankfully.

___

"I got the house"
I smiled into my phone

Leah had put the phone on speaker and everyone was either squealing or half shouting.

"I guess it's the perfect time to get kicked out of my apartment huh?"

They all laughed and settled down.

"I'll be home in like 5 minutes, then we can pack our stuff and send movers"

"And we got to go to Paris"
Leah informed me.

"I'll see you guys in a second"
I shook my head hanging up my phone.

The drive through the city took no longer than five minutes and I had reached my house, soon to be old.

"Hi"
I waved at the receptionist, the poor girl has worked here since I moved in an I've been here for almost 3 years now.

"Hello Ms. Copeland"
She smiled

I walked over to the service desk
"I just wanted to tell you that I'm moving today and I wanted to just thank you for being so nice to my friends and myself while I lived here"

She blushed
"Well I hope you have a wonderful life and good luck in your new place"

I nodded and gave a soft smile before heading up to my apartment, the loud music and noise had to be Cameron , she listened to music in the shower, she listened to music to go to sleep, and I knew it was her listening to music while she helped pack up my stuff. I walked inside seeing Leah smiling from a chair across the living room while Kyle and cam wrapped up the huge TV.

"You get to use the excuse of 'I have crutches can't help'"
I laughed kneeling down next to her.

"I actually feel a lot better , should be walking soon I hope"

"Good"
I stood back up patting her shoulder.

I spun around seeing the apartment nearly packed, it was mainly Just mine and Kyle's things here and we had little to nothing, one trip would have the whole apartment.

I closed the door to my old room and sat on the hardwood floor, I pulled out my phone dialing Reagan, she picked up on the third ring her soft voice smiled into the phone.

"Hey"

"Hey"
I smiled.

"How's the move?"

"Good, everything is packed and I was calling too see how things at your dads house was coming along"

"I'm taking a break, the kitchen is awful babe, it's terrible"

I felt jitters inside my stomach when she called me babe, I bit my lip and smiled.
"I'll come over and help you"

"No, you have things too get done too"

I heard commotion in the living room and voices I've never heard before and I knew it was the movers coming to get our things.
"I'll be by tonight"

"Okay, just to see me, no cleaning"

I shook my head.
"I love you"

"I love you"

"I need Katie copeland's signature before I can pick up any Boxes"
The strong buff mover guy held a clip board.

"Uhh that's me"
I raised my hand shyly.

"Sign here"
He chewed on a piece of gum.

After a second of signing and him ordering his help to start moving my things I decided to give everyone the address of there new home.

"I'll be there shortly"
I smiled seeing them all race out of the apartment. After a second of standing there Leah crutched up beside me.

"I'm gonna ride with you if that's okay"

We both shared a laugh before I nodded
"Totally fine, I know a shortcut"