Chapter 29

I stood outside Reagan's dads house with a bucket of cleaning supplies and a hot dinner in my backpack.

I smiled at myself as I walked up the front steps and seen Reagan vacuuming the living room floor. I knocked hard on the door and she spun around.

"Who is it?"

"A distraction....kind of"
I bit my lip. The door opened an the inside light peered out onto the porch.

"But your house"
She tucked her hair behind her ear.

"About that, my house is currently being decorated by three other people, I don't think I need to be there"
I smiled.

She moved motioning me in.
"Well thanks for showing up"

"You're welcome"
I smiled, kissing her sweetly on her cheek.

"You hungry I got some take-out, brown paper bag in my backpack"

Inside it was different than how it was when I visited there father before, it actually was nice cleaned up.

"Georgia isn't here, she went out with friends"

I smiled, sitting down on the couch.
"Are you sure she didn't just go to my house and hangout with my family?"

Reagan shrugged and let out a small laugh.
"No, this friend is named Erin, an they met at the library"

I nodded
"At least it wasn't at like a bar or something"

"My sister is too young for alcohol, and at 21 I will still consider her too young for alcohol"

I pulled my backpack out and smelled the take-out as soon as I unzipped it.

"Burger and fries for my lady"
I smiled handing her portion to her.

She sat beside me and bit into a few fries.
"You know, the funniest memory I had of this house, I was sixteen, and I came home super super drunk and I had to crawl up the stairs because I really couldn't walk, and my father tripped over me just as I was at the top of the steps, my fingers were squished and he broke his wrist"

I laughed loudly and it felt like the intoxication of my laugh made Reagan laugh along with me.

"I was grounded for a month. No phone no internet, nothing"

"But you had fun"
I smiled, taking a bite of my food.

"I had the best time in the world, even though I really didn't learn my lesson to not drink, I did it again an again after that, but it was just the fact that my dad wanted a glass of water and instead he had a trip to the emergency room"

I felt my sides begin to hurt as I laughed at her story.

"He told the doctors I hated shots and that any medicine I needed they should be injections, but the nurse was on my side even though I was drunk laying on a gurney in the middle of the ER at 3 in the morning and I kept trying to gather a team of patients to race wheel chairs around the hospital"

"You're so bold, and exciting"
I smiled, this time I put my arm around her like I had when we were in Atlanta and we were coming back to the hotel to leave. She smelled like cotton candy then, but now she smelled of greasy fast food and late night conversations.

"I think these walls needs some.....something"
I finally added.

Reagan nodded following my eyes around the room.
"Family photos aren't our strong suit"

"I got the perfect painting"
I smiled.

"Oh yeah?"

I moved my arm an stood up and spun around the living room slowly.

"I'm thinking light grey walls, and A dark red wall, almost like Crimson red maybe"
I chewed on a fry.

"An on the accent wall, you should take those old window frames and put a nice stain on them and leave the paintings for each pane for me"

She nodded
"That sounds really good actually"

"Im into art, I paint for a living, don't doubt the vibe"

She stood up and smiled.
"I have never doubted your vibe"

I smiled at her and leaned in, kissing her lips softly, she tasted like salt and strawberry milkshake but I leaned back in as if I was still trying to decide.

A soft moan escaped her lips, partly because I pushed her back against the wall and let my hand wonder up her side. I felt her arms wrap around me and pull me closer to her, she was so intoxicating.

I bit her bottom lip, teasing her simply because I was becoming well over aroused and if I didn't try and stop myself no cleaning would get done.

"Your food is gonna get cold"
I finally pulled back and rested my forehead on hers.

That familiar blush rose on her cheeks and she smiled that famous smile.
"Oh no, cold food, whatever shall I do?"

"Eat it while it's warm"

"I'm buying you a microwave for your birthday, consider it a late birthday present"

I laughed along with her and shook my head.
"Please don't"

She pulled away from me, stealing a sip of my drink and finding her spot again on the carpet with her vacuum cleaner.
"Consider it done"

I shook my head, ready to put up a fight, I snuck behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist and spun us around, hopefully making her dizzy.

"Don't buy the microwave"

"I'm so buying you a microwave!"
She shouted back, this time she erupted in a fit of laughter. As contagious as it was we spun so long we both fell onto the floor and held our stomachs as we enjoyed each other's company.

I've never wanted to listen to someone laugh so much in my life.