Chapter 26

"I made a appointment for the doctor when I come back"
Cameron smiled at me as I pulled my duffel bag from my room.

I smiled at her
"That's good, we can finally see what's going on in there."

Leah walked on crutches from the living room to the front hall and joined us.

"Can one of you get my bag"
I nodded and pulled the backpack from her back and held the door open.

"See you in a few days Kyle!"

"See you Friday!"
I heard him call from the kitchen.

I pulled the bags further up on my shoulder as we walked to the elevator to get to the lobby. The receptionist waved at us as the limo was parked and ready for us too leave.

"I cannot wait for my ankle to heal"
Leah fell down onto the limo seat, she pulled her crutches in annoyingly and waited for us to join her. The plane would take off in 30 minutes and we had more than enough time to get there.

"What are you gonna say to dad?"
I asked Leah

She shrugged biting her lip
"Stuff. I don't know yet, just going out on a limb"

I nodded staring over at Cameron who watched us both.
"Happy birthday!"
She smiled amusingly.

"Happy 18th birthday to us!"
I cheered.

Leah smiled and handed us all a birthday card from her backpack.
"While we're sitting here doing nothing id figure I'd give you this"

We each took the card an opened it. Inside was a baby picture of us, when we just learned what walking an talking was and you could tell we were quite the chatter boxes towards each other because Cameron had her arms in the air an her mouth was open as if she was shouting something at Leah while she stared at the camera and I was busy playing with a ball in the background. I smiled at the picture.
"This is cute as hell"

"Katie way to look at the camera"
Cameron laughed. I watched her eyes dance across the picture thinking.

"I got you guys something too"
Cameron smiled.

She pulled out a tiny box from her duffel bag and handed them to us.
"Open it"

I opened the tiny box and a silver necklace wrapped around my fingers and the letter K was hanging from the center, the diamonds made it shine in the light , I glanced at Leah who's had a L on her necklace an Cameron pulled hers out of her hoodie.

"These are cute"
Leah smiled excitedly.

I bit my lip feeling as if I was out of place since my present wasn't ready yet, and I really didn't plan on getting any gifts because I've been busy with Georgia and Reagan.

"My present is waiting until New York"

I texted Kyle quickly before we boarded the jet telling him to make dinner reservations at the nicest restaurant possible.

-I will save your lack of not remembering birthday present lmao.

He texted back quickly. I opened the door and helped Leah out, she staggered before huffing annoyingly again at her broken ankle.

"Stupid son of a bit-"
She furrowed her brows.

"Hey!"
I laughed , cutting her off from finishing her sentence. I steadied her to where she could walk.

"I just hate these things so bad"

I nodded
"Well let's just get in the jet"

Cameron tossed Leah's backpack on her shoulder as I helped Leah up the ramp to the jet.