Chapter 48

"Okay, you pick one foot and stick with it, it's usually the right one"
Kyle instructed me.

I had the urge to want to learn how to drive ever since I seen Reagan driving, she looked so cool in the driver seat with one hand on the wheel.

"Okay"
I watched his feet.

"Now your blinker and windshield wipers are here"
He moved the two knobs on either side of the steering wheel.

"The horn"
I smashed my hand in the middle of the steering wheel causing him to jump.

"Dammit Katie"
He fixed his shirt.

I smirked and waited for the next instruction.

"You don't have to hit the gas pedal hard to actually start rolling, if you ease into it you'll go almost ten miles an hour with hardly even touching the pedal"

I nodded.
"What's next"

He chuckled nervously.
"The brake"

"Don't smash on the break either or you'll literally go through the windshield and we don't want that, you ease into it like the gas, you don't want to suddenly stop, you want to slowly push the pedal down"

I nodded
"Alright let me try"

We switched seats in his car and I was sitting behind the wheel, it felt different, but I didn't feel like a badass. I put my hand at the top of the steering wheel and smiled at Kyle who was trying not to laugh at me.

"Okay, show off, ten and two, hands at ten and two"
He tapped the wheel.

I groaned and moved my hands.

"Start it up"

I turned the key in the ignition and felt the engine come to life.
"Hold your brake and put it in drive"

I pushed in the brake and moved the gear shift and slowly the car pulled away.

"Oh boy"
Kyle whispered.

"Shut up I haven't even messed up yet"

I pushed in the gas harder and found the car rolling through the grass.

"Katie you can't even make it through the driveway!"
He shouted.

"I will get a new instructor if you keep yelling"
I reversed the car and got back on the driveway.

I put the gear shift in drive again and slowly made my way to the street. The cars casually driving by going about there day.

"Go right"
He pointed.

I switched my blinker on and for the first time ever, I was on the road driving.

I smiled at myself and felt cool, even though my hands had to stay at ten and two for now I felt like I was actually becoming normal.

"You know I can save a thousand dollars a week for limo services if I learn how to drive?"
I glanced at Kyle.

"Really? , you better learn then, a thousand dollars is a lot of money to a kid like me"

"How bout I give you a thousand a week for teaching me me how to drive"

Kyle nodded
"Okay, I can do that"

I eased on the brake pedal, suddenly stopping us and our bodies being slung into the seat belts.

"Ease into the brake"

"Your going to be so rich when you get done teaching me how to drive"
I laughed.

I had a month left until Reagan would get home, and maybe if I learned how to drive by then I could surprise her.