Chapter 9

"I've never flown before"
Reagan confessed as we walked to the plane.

I had Held on to the straps of my backpack and was thinking of ways to keep her calm.

"It's not that bad when we get into the air"

"But it is bad at some point?"
She grew nervous biting her lip

"Taking off is scary, but it'll be okay"

She nodded at my reassurance an walked inside the private jet, the 4 rows of seats I had put in and then the kitchen area were all set in the back. Our pilot came to give Reagan a soft smile before lifting off. He liked to meet all the new passengers I brought with me.

"So tell me about your family"
I stared at my thumb as I rolled a small piece of gum wrapper in my hand.

"My parents are divorced, either side of the country, west coast, east coast thing"
She looked towards nothing as she continued.

"I live with my father, he has custody of my little sister and I just live there, I don't get along well with my mother, I guess I got it from my father"
She gave a small laugh

I nodded thinking of her family, her little sister was the one who likes to read and I'm pretty sure once Reagan wrote books she would have more to add to her collection.

"And your family?"

I swallowed hard and smiled thinking of something that wasn't as ridiculous as the truth.
"My father divorced my mom an married a lawyer named Nicholas, my mother is in Arizona remarried with step children who I've met twice"

She nodded , just listening just being.

"My sisters Leah an Cameron are everywhere but home, Leah is most likely going to stay in Paris, an Cameron was in Brazil last time I talked to her"

"I wish families were closer, everyone is suppose to stick together an it never works out"

"That's why Kyle and Brooke are basically family too me"

Reagan nodded to herself thinking about something.

The plane ride there took longer than it felt to get to New York, but we were both trying something new here. I bit my lip as the limo driver took us too the hotel where we would get ready for the gallery, and honestly this money thing could come in handy if Reagan wanted some clothes or something.

"What are you wearing tonight?"
I glanced at her

"A pair of skinny jeans and a white shirt with a little quote on the front pocket"

I nodded ready to see her in her outfit

The limo stopped at the hotel and I opened the door letting Reagan follow me, the receptionist smiled at me, and the southern twang in her voice made me smile.

"How may I help you all?"

If she wasn't in a business setting I guarantee she would have pulled out a 'yall'.

"I need a suite, two beds"
I added, not wanting to make her uncomfortable with just one bed.

"I'm gonna need to see an ID"

"Katie Copeland, this is an epix hotel?"

She nodded as she took the ID

"My father owns pretty much every one of these"

"So your saying your underage?"

"I'm 17, and my father makes sure I have a place to stay wherever I travel, and I'm not yet 18 so I have to stay in a epix"