Chapter 10

"Hey mom"
I sleepily opened my eyes answering my phone.

"I just wanted to call and see how you were?"

"I'm fine, I'm in Atlanta I went to an art gallery last night"

"I seen pictures of you in the media already, who's the girl you were with?"

"Reagan Armstrong, I met her in LA"

I heard a child crying In the background and I knew it was her step daughter
"I've got to go Callie just cut her finger on a pair of scissors"

Before I could say goodbye she hung up and left me listening to a dial tone.

I rose from bed and could see the sun shining through the curtain I pulled back the window and seen the city full of life as people walked along the streets and cars honked and drove past. I pulled my phone out checking social media where the artist from last night had taken a picture of Reagan an I an tagged me 'met Katie Copeland last night' I smiled at the caption and locked my phone.

"Hey"
I spun around seeing Reagan yawning awake.

"Sorry if I messed up your phone call"

I smiled sticking my phone in my pocket.
"It was my mom, she was telling me about how someone put us on the media last night"

"The art girl?"

I nodded
"Yes"

"Well that's neat I guess"

It was early in the morning and I knew neither of us cared about our picture being shared by the art girl we met. I quickly sent a text to Kyle letting him know that we'd head back later on today so be sure to clean the apartment up.

-Why can't we just hire someone?

He texted back

-it's rude to watch someone clean and for us to not help

-extra tip.

-fine!

I gave into him and smiled towards Reagan who was sliding out of bed finally.

"What do you want to do today?"
I smiled.

"It's Saturday and were in Atlanta, there isn't like a carnival or anything maybe a theme park?"

I shrugged
"I can figure out"

She nodded slipping into the bathroom. I called the receptionist asking her the nearest theme park, it was a 10 minute drive and it was a 4 and a half star rating. I slid on my jeans and changed shirts so that I'd be ready quickly.

"I found a theme park if you want to hit it up before we leave and go home"

She nodded and found her shoes next to the chair.

The limo took us straight to the theme park, lines were everywhere but we didn't mind waiting in them. I wasn't a fan of roller coasters but Reagan seemed to be. She would throw her hands in the air and scream loudly and I'd hang onto the hand rails for dear life. It might have a good locking system, but it could always break. I bit my lip as we spun around the turns and finally stopped where I couldn't get off the roller coaster fast enough.

"You not a fan?"
Reagan smiled, laughing towards me.

"We could've died"
I walked away from the machine.

"But we didn't, were alive"
She caught up to me.

"What about like a fun ride, maybe like go carts or something"