Chapter 55

(9 months later)

"Happy birthday too you"

"Happy birthday dear credence"

"Happy birthday too you!"
We all sang around the excited birthday boy as he waited for his personal cake.

Cameron slid the cake in front of him an his eyes grew big as his fingers dug into the cake wildly.

Brooke began taking pictures as we all laughed at the mess he was making, orange icing was everywhere and cake was all over his high chair.

"You've got a mess on your hands"
I smiled at Cameron.

She shrugged.
"He can make as big of a mess as he wanted with that cake, look at that smile"

Just then his mouth opened wide an he tunneled in some of the white cake.

Brooke still snapping photos of the happy boy.

She had found her place in the art world, a photographer, and a very good one at that, she talked of attending college at an art school and majoring in photography.

I felt Reagan pull my hand into hers an laugh along with everyone.
"He's so full of energy"

"He is, Cameron will have her hands full"

The front door opened and our father stepped through with a giant box.
"I'll tell you what ever child needs, what every boy needs"

"Not a BB gun"
Kyle braced himself.

"No, you nut case!"
Our father turned to him.

"When credence cleans up he can open it."

Cameron turned to the boy who had demolished the cake and pulled him from the high chair.
"Give me like a few minutes"

"What is it?"
I whispered to my father.

He smirked.
"Just wait"

After minutes passed Cameron held the clean boy in her arms as he pulled away from her an to his present.

"Pull off the paper like this"
Our father smiled as he showed him.

Credence happily yanked the paper off an soon a box with holes in the sides was all that was left.

Our father opened the box and pulled out a chocolate Labrador puppy, the blue eyed pup peered up at credence as they both got a good look at each other.

"He's a puppy, he's just a baby like you are"
Anthony kept speaking to him.

"What should we name him?"

"Gahhhlyrgj"
He mumbled as he put his hand gently on the puppies head.

"Monster"
I whispered.

"This here is monster credence, he is your puppy, he will grow up with you a be the best friend you'll ever find I guarantee it"

Leah then pulled out dog treats from a box that was her present to credence and showed him how to feed it.

"There go you"

"I'll be the one potty training I guess"
Cameron bit her lip.

"I got the boy a dinosaur shirt, and on the back of it, it says credence 01 for first birthday"

"This is gonna be our inside joke when he's like 17 and he comes to his cool aunts house"
I smiled.

Cameron shook her head and let everyone else present there gift.