Chapter 8

Annie;
When I woke up, again, I was in my room at home. I could see clearly through my eyes.
I ran down the steps and into the kitchen as fast as I could.
Mommy was standing there eating a bowl of cereal.
I looked around the room for Haley, if she was here she would be up.
"She's not coming home ever is she?" I asked with tears in my eyes.
"We don't know yet, neither do the doctors" she said. I expected the worry in my stomach to go away, but it didn't, it stayed right where it was before.
Before long mommy told me to get dressed, announcing that we were going to run errands an then stop by to see Haley.
I ran up to my room and put on some leggings, a long sleeved shirt, and threw my uggs on my feet.
I ran down the steps an grabbed my coat.
This morning we had gotten a very unexpected cold front.
It was even snowing, so when I opened the door I shivered, I ran back in and opened up the front closet, I shivered once more as i grabbed a pair of pink gloves.
I heard my mom honk so I ran out the door and hopped in the car.
We drove for a while, until finally we pulled into the target parking lot.
I begged my mom to let me stay in the car but she wouldn't let me.
"Come on sweetheart" she says taking my hand. I finally give in and step out of the car, we walk through the parking lot and go in the doors.
I'm silently hoping that we don't run I to a fan, it's not that I don't love it but I'm not in a happy mood.
Mommy asks me to grab a cart and walks off to the food section.
I get the cart like she says an follow her. The whole shopping trip is boring and I'm glad when we finally leave to go see Haley. The worry in my stomach comes back as we enter the hospital, but then out of no where Haley is rolled out in a wheelchair.
"Haley!" I yell happily as I run towards her.

--/--
( more? )