Chapter 27

Annie; day seven

Katie and liv are bye my side today, and were on the way home from gymnastics.
Things are begining to feel normal again, but as I suspected there's still an emptiness.
I miss him, day by day, I see people moving on but it's almost impossible for me.
I miss his laugh, his smile, everything.
Nothing can fill the void of emptiness that he left. Sometimes my friends help me, like today. For me and liv things are back to normal, for now, I know she knows that i couldnt handle another fight, so she tries to tolerate her jealousness.

"Annie want to film?" Mommy asks, I don't think I can, I haven't filmed in a while, sure I've been on camera but that's a whole diffrent story.
I take it out of her hand and give it to katie, she turns it on and begins to film, "hey guys its katie......" Her voice fades of as my mind starts to wonder.
And the soft Pitter patter of the rain starts to calm me, I feel my eye lids close and without meaning it I fall asleep.

"Annie" mommy shakes me, I slowly open my eyes to see her and katie, I'm suprised to see katie because normally we drop her off before we get home.
"Katie's spending the night, liv was going to but she has some things to do so only katie can" my mom says just as I'm about to ask why she still here. I grab my bag and hop out of the car, daddy's waiting for us on the porch with hayley, I run up and hug both of them, then katie and me run up to my room.
When we get there I shut my door and we both sit on the couch.

"What did it feel like?" She asks, I know she's referring to the loss off Caleb, I can't say I didn't expect her to ask, I saw it coming.
"Numbness" I said "on the first and second day, I wanted to cry, but it all felt fake, like there was no way he was gone" a single tear rolled down my cheek. Katie gave me a look that mean I could stop but I knew I had to push through "then it got worse, I started to actaully feel pain, I cried day and night" more tears came "and now I don't cry as much, but I still feel it, the hurt, the emptiness, I still can't beleive he's gone" I almost let out a sob but catch myself, katie pulls me in and hugs me, "let's go play a game to et your mind of things" I hop up and wipe my tears putting a fresh smile on my face just incase mommy has the camera on.

--/--

( saddddd, but more? )