Chapter 36

Annie;

I walk into gymnastics to see Arden and katie, it's been a month and special training has just started up again.
"Alright girls, today is beam, were going to work on our back handspring layout step outs, and back tucks" she claps her hands "who wants to demonstrate?"

All of us stand there, an after a moment of silence Arden slowly raises her hand, "I-I will" she stutters.
She climbs up on the beam, coach Mary has taken the block away because she says we need to get a move on, but there's lots of extra mats.
She throws her back tuck first, landing on one foot then wobbling and falling off, me and katie clap.
Next is the hardest one, she lands it perfectly me an katie cheer and hug her.
Then I climb on the beam, I feel lots of pressure, the special meet is in one month and if I don't learn this quick then I'm in trouble.
First I throw my back handspring back layout step out, perfect!
It's not the skill I'm worried about though, I've had a mental block with my back tuck on beam for a while now.
I throw it, perfect! I salute and jump off the beam to hug the girls.
Katie does hers great to.
"All right annie let's work on your routine" coach Mary says "and I have a suprise for you, your going to be doing a front tuck mount!" She says a smile spreads across my face, I've been wanting to learn this since level four.

Coach Mary shows me and how and within an hour i have it perfect,
Here's my routine,

front tuck mount, side aerial, 1 and a half turn, split leap, back tuck, slips jump, tuck jump, straight jump, front walkover, back walkover, full turn, back handspring, back layout stepout, round off triple back tuck dismount.

my routine is packed full of tricks but coach Mary says it has to be, the competition were going to is only beam and vault so coach Mary wants my beam to be great.
by the end of practice I have my beam routine finished and coach Mary tells me to practice at home as much as possible.
I walk to my locker to get my backpack, "hey annie, Arden, want to spend the night?" Katie asks.
"Yeah" I say "but I'm not the one you should be asking" I say motioning to my mom, both katie and Arden laugh and we run over to ask our parents.

Mommy says that I can't go to Katie's house but they can come to mine, they both agree and before long were headed to my house, we practice our beam routines, I become nervous, both Arden and Katie's is great, how am I going to win?

--/--

( IM NOT DEAD I PROMISE IM SORRY IVE BEEN GONE )