Chapter 6

It's been a couple of days after the beach trip with Emily and the guys. Vernon's words were still attached in my brain. "Did I spark anything inside of you?" What does he mean ? Why does he care? Why am I thinking about this? 

"(Y/N)! What're you thinking about!" Emily said running up to you. 
You didn't expect her to come up out of no where and got surprised. "Oh nothing." 
"Don't lie. Your expression says otherwise" 
"I'm just thinking about our beach trip the other day." 
"About Joshua and Vernon? And who's better?" Emily shamelessly blurts out. 

"How could you just say that." 
"Am I wrong?" she asks.
"No.." You admit 

"They're both two different guys." 

"How so?" You ask 

"Well first of all. Vernon isn't a total tough guy, he's a softy, but compared to Joshua he's more manly." Emily says

"So Joshua is girl?"

"No you idiot. Joshua is a nice guy. Vernon is a nice guy but he's more on the tough side. Plays hard to get. He's had other girlfriends and he's mostly broken up with them." she explains.

"Ahh .." 

"I noticed you three at the beach and it was pretty strange. Vernon seemed like he got jealous, and he never gets jealous."
"Really?" you said 
"Yeah. He's usually the one to make others jealous." 
"Why would he be jealous of me and Joshua? That's odd" you said
"From another girls point of view, I'm pretty sure he likes you. Joshua too." 
You were surprised by what Emily just said. Vernon and Joshua? Like you? That isn't possible. Why would they? "Why would they? They can get any girl they want, why would they go for me?"
"I don't know. Try figuring that out yourself. I will give you some pointers though. Joshua is the nice shy guy. He's always cute and bubbly but when he wants something he'll do anything to get it. Vernon? Opposite. He'll play hard to get and mess around before he actually realizes he should try."  Emily explained. 

"I see.." you said with a sigh. 

"I wanted to tell you something." 
"Hm?"

"It's my birthday tomorrow and I was going to host it at this nightclub wanna come?" 
You were excited to hear that it was Emily's birthday but you didn't want to go to a nightclub. 

"If it's at a nightclub not really."

"Come on. Why not. You should go at least once to see how everything is. Who knows, you might actually like it." Emily suggested
"Being me. I'm sure I won't."

"Dude come on. It's my birthday." she says with a pout.

"Fine." you said giving in. "Since the day I first met you I've done way too many crazy things. Wearing makeup and dressing up. Going to the beach. Almost dying, now going to a nightclub. This is all really weird." you admit

"It's called living life hun. Try it more often." 

You laughed at Emily's comment. "I almost died a few days ago so I guess what you're saying is true."

"Alright, well Woozi is waiting for me at the library. We're gonna work on a project, see ya tomorrow." Emily skipped off but turned around all of the sudden. "OH YEAH! I'll text you the address. "

"Sounds good" You reply 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After school you decided to go to the mall to find Emily a gift. You've met her less than a week ago and weren't sure what to buy. Did she like stuffed animals? Clothes? Jewelry? Shoes? While walking around you ran into Joshua.