Chapter 9

The rain stopped .. 

"Wait no.. this isn't right." you say.

"Huh?" says Vernon. 

You couldn't let your feelings get the best of you. This wasn't right, even though Lilly didn't really like Vernon, doing this wasn't right. If you got anymore involved with him there would be too much drama. You wouldn't be able to handle everything. 

"You know about me and Lilly so what's wrong?" he asks

"I can't.. not now. Let's forget this ever happened" you admit.

"But we just kissed. You can't just expect me to forget everything that just happened. It doesn't work that way." 

"I'm sorry .." you say feeling guilty.

"Wow.. I can't believe this is happening."

"I said I'm sorry ." 

Vernon didn't say anything, instead he moved away from you and sat near the fire. 

"Are you mad?" you ask.

"Well I don't know. Shouldn't I be?" 

"Can't you just understand that I don't want to be together right now?"

"You know my feelings towards you, I know your feelings towards me. So what's wrong? Why can't we be together?" he asks

"No you don't. You don't know my feelings towards you." you say firmly

"YOU JUST KISSED ME. IT COULDN'T BE SOMETHING "FRIENDS" DO." Vernon said in an upset tone

"Why are you yelling? Can't you just work with me and understand this situation." you plead.

"No. I understand everything.. But I'm pretty sure YOU don't. You said that I would leave you, but I think you're the one leaving me instead." 

"I'M NOT. I JUST CAN'T HANDLE EVERYTHING OKAY?"

"WHAT. WHAT CAN'T YOU HANDLE. IS IT ME? CAUSE IT SEEMS LIKE YOU CAN SURE HANDLE JOSHUA." he asked angrily 

"WHAT DOES HE HAVE TO DO WITH THIS?"

"EVERYTHING. He has EVERYTHING to do with this. You came to Emily's birthday party HAND IN HAND WITH HIM. He drives you home, he does everything. YOU ALWAYS SEEM SO HAPPY WITH HIM. Why don't you with me?" 

"BECAUSE YOU ALWAYS DO SH*T LIKE THIS. YOU YELL AT ME AND GET SO MAD. JOSHUA DOESN'T. JUST LIKE AT THE NIGHTCLUB, YOU DRAGGED ME OUT OF TO THE BACK AND YOU GOT ALL CLOSE. YOU GAVE ME FALSE HOPES. YOU LEAD ME TO THIS POINT." you said storming out of the cabin. 
"(Y/N)! (Y/N)! COME BACK. WHERE ARE YOU GOING."

"ANYWHERE YOU'RE NOT!" you shout back. 

You weren't sure where you were going to go. The sky had already started to set. The rain had stopped but it was cold. You were in the middle of the forest lost. Even though you shouldn't have kissed Vernon you did. And the fact that you didn't control yourself, you got even madder. You continued to walk down the forest, you weren't sure where you were going to go but you kept walking. Your feet started to get slower, and your body started to get colder. All you wanted was to lay down. You thought you were about to pass out when you saw headlights coming your way. 

Joshua ran out of his car. "(y/n)!"

Thank god. It was Joshua, you were glad that finally someone came."

"Jo-sh-ua" you said shivering from the cold.

"Where's Vernon? Why're you here?"

"The c-car broke down. We found a cabin and got into a fight and here I am." you explained everything but purposely left out your kiss. Plus you had no energy to say anything else.