Chapter 24

Before your butt could reach the ground you realized that you and Brian were leaning on a bookshelf. His body was held up by the shelf, while yours was held up by his. 
"Brian?" 

"Haha hi." he said awkwardly 

You quickly got off of him and straightened yourself out. 

"Sorry." you apologized. 

"No worries." he said. 
You saw the book and tried grabbing it out of his hands but he held onto it still. "I'm sorry but I REAALLLY need this book." 

Brian didn't let go, but kept on playing tug of wars with you. "(y/n) I'm sorry but I need this book too ok?" he said pulling it out of your hand. 

"BRIAN, PLEASE IT'S VERY IMPORTANT." you say trying to grab it. 

He got his grip back on and continued to fight with you. "(Y/N) I'M SORRY BUT IT'S ALSO IMPORTANT FOR ME TOO." 

"Ugh.. well do you have an idea on who should get it?" you asked annoyed.

"Uhmm.. YOU GIVE ME THE BOOK, then once I'm done. YOU'LL get it AFTER me." Brian suggested. 

"Yeahhhhh, I disagree with that."

"Fine then rock paper scissors for it." he said. 

"HAH NOPE. I'M TERRIBLE AT ROCK PAPER SCISSORS." 

"Then what else could we do.." you and Brian stood there to think for a couple of seconds. Then a lightbulb went off in his head. "We can do an all nighter and read it together.." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*WITH VERNON* 

While you were at the library Vernon cooked dinner and prepared everything so when you got home you would have food to eat, and everything would be ready for you. It was nearly 10 but you weren't home yet. He walked back and forth, checking the clock minute by minute but it seemed like you were never going to be home. Vernon texted you a couple of times but there was no reply for you. 

Message @ 9:00 p.m: When're you coming home?
Message @ 9:02 p.m: Are you mad at me? :( 
Message @ 9:05 p.m: REPLY 

Message @ 9:08 p.m: HOMIE 
Message @ 9:15 p.m: STOP MAKING ME SEEM DESPERATE. WHEN'RE YOU COMING HOME. 

Message @ 9:30: BABBBBEEEEEEE  
Message @ 9:45: Please be safeeee. 

Message @ 9:55: Tell me when you're about to come home okay? Call me, I'll pick you up. 

Message @ 9:56: CALL ME SHORT STACK. 

"OMMO, WHAT IF SHE'S KIDNAPPED." Vernon thought to himself. "Pshh. She knows taekwondo, she can protect herself right? Why am I even worried." he sat down on the couch and turned the t.v on. All of the sudden he sits up. "WHAT IF SHE'S ABDUCTED BY ALIENS." he thought of what he actually just said. "AIGOOO. BABO (FOOL) WHY AM I THINKING OF THIS. IF SHE NEEDED MY HELP SHE WOULDN'T CALLED ME. " he said while getting a drink of water. Randomly he spat his water out. "OMMO OMMO I NEED TO CHECK MY PHONE FOR MISSED CALLS OR TEXT MESSAGES." Vernon ran over to his phone but there were no new notifications. "REALLY? NOTHING?! UGH. WHATEVER." Right as he put his phone down he was tempted to pick it up again. "NO VERNON SELF CONTROL.. DON'T CHECK YOUR PHONE. DON'T CHECK YOUR PHONE. DON'T CHECK YOUR PHONE. THINK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE.. SOMETHING ELSE.. HMM.. OOOOOOOHHHH! THIS REMOTE LOOKS INTERESTING.." Vernon picked up the remotes and started pressing random buttons. "I think I've finally gone mad..." he face planted on the pillows. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*BACK AT THE LIBRARY*