C R U S H E S

ABOUT SEVEN MONTHS LATER

We slam the doors to a house, Rick and T-Dog killing the two walkers in the room quickly. We each go one way, all besides Carl and I, going together like we always do. We go down a corridor with our guns up, not saying a words. He goes first, opening the kitchen door, and after seeing that there's nothing inside, he walks in. I follow him and we search through cabinets, finding nothing. Everything is either empty or out of date.

We walk back into the living room where the food is next to nothing. There are a few blankets and clothes, but nothing else. We run out, putting the blankets in the trunk of the cars and moving on. Like usual.

We get to a road and stop, getting out, trying to find another place to go. Fifteen minutes. They take out the map. Carl, Beth and I are on watch. Fifteen minutes.

"We've got nowhere else to go. With this herd, it'll cut us off. We'll never hit south." Maggie says.

"What would you say, about 150 of them?" Daryl asks generally.

"That was last week, it could be twice right now." Glenn says.

"This river could have slowed them down. If we move fast we might have a shot to tear right through-" T-Dog cuts Hershel off. Thirteen minutes.

"But if that group joins with that one, they could spell out this way."

"Then we're blocked." Maggie states.

"The only thing to do is doubleback to 27 and swing towards Greenville."

"We've been through that already, it's like we spent the winter walking in circles." T-Dog says.

"I know, I know. And Newnan will push west. We haven't been through there yet. We can't keep going house to house. We need to find some place to hold up for a few weeks." Rick says.

"Okay, is it cool if we head out towards the creek before we go? It won't take long, we gotta fill up the water and boil it..." They walk away, and Rick tells us to go, too.

We end up staying for more than fifteen minutes. Rick and Daryl are gone after we come back, probably having gone hunting. A few hours later, they tell us to grab our bags. They found a place, a prison apparently.

Beth, Carl, Carol, Hershel, and I take guard for anything coming out of the woods, while Glenn, Maggie, T-Dog, and Daryl take out the walkers, and Rick cuts a hole through the fence for us to get through.

"Hurry, hurry!" We get through the fence quickly. We start running towards a door, which leads to gates.

"It's perfect. If we can shut that gate, prevent more from filling the yard. We can take out these walkers. We'll take the field by midnight." Rick plans.

"How do we shut the gate?"

"I'll do it. You guys cover me." Glenn offers, before Maggie stops him, saying it's suicide. "I'm the fastest." He tries to reason.