H E A V E N

WE RUSH OUT THE DOOR, being met with walkers and more walkers

WE RUSH OUT THE DOOR, being met with walkers and more walkers. Going back in isn't an option, so we run the same way Lori, Maggie, and Carl ran. We enter the cellblock finding no one. "Should we stay here?" Carol asks.

"I feel like we should go find them. They went this way... Might not be too far away." I really hope Carl's okay. And, Lori with her baby. Oh god, I hope nothing happened.

We decide to go my way and enter the tombs again the way the prisoners came the first time we saw them. We walk for about thirty minutes until we hear grunting coming from behind us. Not even turning around, Carol grabs my hand and opens a door, pushing us into a room, the solitary. Unfortunately the walkers spot us, and we spend the next few hours in a small room before we pass out from dehydration.

I'm woken up by the sound of a clink. Where am I? What's going on? I try and look up, to see what's going on, but I feel too weak to even open my eyes for too long. Until it all rushes back to me. The walkers. Carol... Is it Carol?

I force myself to move my head and look up to find her trying to open the door, but there's something in the way. "Carol?" I croak out. She turns to me slowly, sighing. She's weak, I'm weaker. I think dehydration hits faster and harder on kids or something. I don't know... I sigh as well and lean on her.

But then, I hear something being dragged, and the door slams open. I don't even open my eyes this time, but I feel Carol get pulled away and say something. I can't really hear very well, I think I'm gonna pass out again and her voice is very raspy, but I make out. "No, take her." I feel arms under my knees and back, and I'm pulled off the ground. And I feel whoever's carrying me start walking, before I pass out again.

✖✖✖✖

I wake up back in a cell. Not my cell, though, Carol and Lori's I think. I look around, and Carol's sitting next to me on the bed. She offers me some water, still seeming pretty beat up and I take it without a second thought. She explains what happened with a raspy voice.

Daryl found us and took us back here. He carried me because I was too weak to move. I don't remember most of it, but I remember the walkers, I remember being thirsty, and I remember waking up with before he rescued us.

"Where's Daryl, then? Where's everyone?" I ask, my voice barely above a whisper. My throat hurts a bit, but I can still speak. Right on cue, he comes back, but not alone. Rick comes with him. He looks surprised to see us, but, as Carol stands up, he snaps out of it and hugs her tight. I get up as well, though slowly, and he manages to smile even more. He hugs me quickly as he calls over his son.

Carl comes up behind his father, wanting to know what all the commotion's about, when his eyes find me. "Case..." He whispers as I move towards him. He wraps his arms around me lifting me up slightly. "Thank god."

"How?" Hershel asks, hugging Carol as well.

"The solitary." She explains curtly.

They clear the way and Beth appears, holding a baby. The baby. I look at it, not remembering the last time I saw a baby. I look at it, thinking of the peril it's been put in just by being born. I look at it, wondering why no one looks happy. I look at it, and I try to find its mother.