A T T A C K

"WE'RE NOT LEAVING

"WE'RE NOT LEAVING." Rick says. We rushed back inside the prison, trying to figure out what the hell to do now. Rick told us to try and sleep, which I think no one was able to do, and we're figuring our stuff out now. Rick seems to be on the same page as Glenn, wanting to secure the place, attack Woodbury, and not leave.

"We can't stay here!" Hershel exclaims.

"What if there's another sniper? Wood planks won't stand those rounds." Maggie asks.

"We can't even go outside, not in the daylight." Beth shakes her head.

"If Rick says we're not running, we're not running." Glenn states stubbornly, making me roll my eyes slightly.

"Yeah, better to live like rats." Merle comments from the other side of the cafeteria door. Daryl and him apparently showed up in the middle of that mess, and I've still not been able to give Daryl an actual hug.

"Do you have a better idea?" Rick questions, turning around to face him. I've only known Merle for fifteen minutes and I already can tell that I really don't like him. He seems rude and he doesn't know his place. He just looks smug, and I really don't enjoy his presence.

"Yeah, we should of ran out here last night, lived to fight another day. But we lost that one now, didn't we? I'm sure he's got scouts on every road outta this place by now." Merle says.

"We ain't scared of that prick." Daryl comments.

"You should be. That truck through the fence thing, that's just him ringing the door bell. We may have the thick walls to hide behind, but he's got the guns and the numbers. And if he takes the high ground around this place... Shoot. He could just starve us out if he wanted to." Merle explains, his tone somber.

"Let's put him in the other cellblock." Maggie glares at him.

"No... He's got a point." Daryl says.

"This is all you! You started this!" She points her finger at Merle. She's right. He came searching for Michonne and Daryl. He took Glenn and Maggie. It's all on him.

"What's the difference who's fault it is?! What do we do?" Beth cuts to the chase.

"I said we should leave. Now Axel's dead. We can't just sit here." Rick looks at him and starts to walk away, but Hershel takes his crutches and stands up. "GET BACK HERE! You're slipping, Rick. We've all seen it. We understand why, but now is not the time. You once said this isn't a democracy, now you have to own up to that. I put my family's life in your hands, so get your head cleared and do something."

He walks away anyway and Carl follows him shortly after. No one is really sure what to do, but Carol and Beth go see how the baby's doing, Maggie goes and talks to Glenn, and I still have to talk to Daryl.

I walk up the stairs, and he's doesn't look up as he's zoned out, so I walk up to him without saying anything, and hug him. He seems shocked at first, but hugs me back none the less. "I'm glad you came back. You scared me." I mutter.