W H O L E

MAGGIE LEADS US inside the trailer she's been staying in- she explains it's Jesus'

MAGGIE LEADS US inside the trailer she's been staying in- she explains it's Jesus'. Enid and I offer to make her dinner- but eventually, the brunette just tells me to sit down, because 'she's got it', so I set the table instead. The two of us are sitting down next to Maggie, and Enid speaks up first. "People told me you killed walkers and a car with a tractor?" She questions, making a small smile fall over my lips.

"I couldn't sit by and watch. Not again." Maggie says, her voice slightly shaky as she talks. I bite my bottom lip, placing my hand on her shoulder and reassuringly squeezing it. "So I guess I sat and did something."

"You're supposed to rest, Maggie. I'm not sure Dr.Carson would exactly count that as taking it easy." I speak up, trying to bring some levity into the room as we start serving ourselves.

"It wasn't hard. It wasn't the first time." Maggie mutters, playfully raising an eyebrow. My eyes widen and I meet Enid's gaze as she frowns. "There was this boy in high school." We listen as Maggie continues.

"You ran over the boy?" Enid questions, her voice calmer than the shock on her face.

"His car. It was a Camaro. And then it wasn't." She says, lowering her voice at the end of the sentence, making me giggle softly. Seeing her smile again almost makes me forget about everything.

We don't talk for much longer until the door opens, Sasha walking inside, her eyebrows shooting up as she lays her brown eyes on us. "Enid, Casey..." She trails off, the surprise in her voice making it sound like a question.

"Hi. We- We came to help." Enid explains, chuckling softly as she spoke while I nonchalantly waved at Sasha.

"You two came alone?" She questions, smiling though her surprise as she eyes us.

Enid's face falters and I feel my gut drop before I nod, speaking up. "Yeah, we came by ourselves," I mutter, forcing the corners of my mouth to quirk up despite the worry that punches through me.

"Have some dinner." Enid thankfully changes the subject, discreetly giving my hand a squeeze under the table as Sasha sits down. My smile turns more genuine.

"Why are there balloons on Abraham's grave?" Her words make my eyes widen, and Enid and I share a look before our gazes shift to Maggie. Her mouth's a tight line as she shrugs.

"I didn't have the heart to tell you. Glenn would've. He was a bad liar." The fact that she smiles sends both happiness and grief running through my veins, and I feel myself bite my lip as Enid apologizes to Sasha.

"There's no need to be sorry. Nothing wrong with balloons." She mutters back, nodding.

"We just assumed, really. There's nothing marking them." I say, shrugging softly as Maggie nods. She waits for a second, looking me in the eye with a slight determination before she pulls something out of her pocket.