T H E N

EVERYONE DISPERSES AFTER THAT

EVERYONE DISPERSES AFTER THAT. Morgan walks inside, but people go back to their houses until Deanna and Rick are the only ones left. I walk away too, thinking about going inside our house, but that thought gets pushed to the back of my mind when I see two bloody figures make their way to the infirmary. It takes me three seconds to rush to them and figure out that Glenn is one of them. I don't even acknowledge the second person, my gut instinct being to run and find Maggie. Her eyes widen when she sees me running towards her.

"Glenn's in the infirmary. I don't know what happened. He was walking but-" She cuts me off, grabbing my hand, both of us running to the infirmary.

We get inside, my eyes widening as I spot Tara sitting up, completely awake. "I'm okay." She mutters, nodding. "You should check on them." She says, our attention snapping back to Glenn, and who I now recognize as Nicholas.

Maggie rushes toward her husband, me staying behind as she check up his wounds. "I'm okay." He mutters.

"What happened?" I ask, making his eyes snap toward me, a small smile on his face.

"We were out there. The walkers and- We're all right. Got winged by a ricochet." He says, making my eyes widen. He was shot? I walk closer to them, seeing it was just on his shoulder, but the worried feeling in the back of my stomach does not subside. "It's all right."

"Holy shit." I hear Eugene say, my head snapping back to see him walking inside the room and toward Tara.

"Thank god." She breathes out. "Nothing happened to your hair..." She trails off, Eugene only smiling at her silently. "Okay, Eugene's freaking me out. Somebody want to send Noah in here to protect me?" She says, everyone's face falling. We explain what happened, Tara's eyes soon brimming with tears. But, she pushes past it, Rosita checking out Glenn's wounds.

Eventually, they tell me to go, and as I walk back to the house, I'm pulled back. My eyes widen, my reaction being to raise my hand, when Carl grabs it, his expression mirrowing mine. "Jesus Christ, you scared the hell out of me." I mutter, chuckling as I lower my hand.

He laughs, before his face falls. "I heard about the meeting." He mutters, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Yeah, everyone has... How's your dad?" I ask, making him shrug.

"He's okay... Listen, I saw Enid by the lake, wanna go hang out?" He asks, making me sigh.

"I'm kinda tired." I mutter, both of us knowing full-well that's a lie. "But, you go."

"Case, I really want you two to get along. You said it yourself, she's pretty cool." He sighs. I roll my eyes, but tell him that I promise I'll hang out with her tomorrow. "I'm holding you to that promise. You coming over?" He asks, making me nod. I kiss him goodbye, for now at least, and walk to the house. It's currently empty, so I just change and head to Carl's house, being able to climb up the window with no problem, since the streets are deserted.