M O R G A N

THE NEXT DAY, Rick wakes us both up, wanting to take us on a run

THE NEXT DAY, Rick wakes us both up, wanting to take us on a run. It kind of confuses me when Carl and I get to the car and Michonne is sitting in the drivers seat. Does Rick trust her? I have no idea when they decided that she was staying... It's not that I'm not okay with it, it just seems very sudden.

We leave the prison, passing by a sign. 'Erin, we tried for the stone mountains, -J'.

It's weird seeing signs like that. Other people in the middle of all of this, losing loved ones, leaving notes... Leaving us to wonder if they're still alive. I'm pulled out of my thoughts by a silhouette walking around. I dismiss it as a walker, until it starts yelling.

"Hey! Stop. Slow down, Sir, I'm begging you!" The hitchhiker yells. He tries running after the car, but we don't stop. Obviously, we don't stop. We can't afford to stop, not anymore. The man runs until he falls down. His yelling is gonna attract walkers... I'd run if I were him.

It's weird that it doesn't hurt. We just left a man, probably to die, and it doesn't spark any guilt. And apparently everyone else feels the same, because no one says anything. Carl turns around to see him, but I grab his hand. "Don't look back." I whisper. He nods before interlocking our fingers.

We go further down the road until we reach a car crash sight, corpses under bodies, some moving and others still. Some decomposing inside the cars, and blood everywhere. Inside cars, on the ground, everywhere.

We slow down to pass the place, but the car stops, getting stuck in the mud. The usual solution would be to get out and push, but walkers come near us, pushing themselves up against the windows.

"Cover your ears." Rick says. We as we're told as he pulls out his gun, rolling down his window slightly. He puts the gun out and fires. He repeats it for the rest of them, leaving the car soon after. He scavenges through the bags, instructing us to get clothes from the other cars and put them under the car with gravel and sticks to get traction.

"Wouldn't have to do it if she didn't get us stuck." Carl mutters, making me roll my eyes. I open a bag and take out a dress, walking towards the other part of the car. I get some sticks and gravel, as Michonne seats in the passenger seat, while Carl and Rick talk.

"HEY! HELP ME! I'M BEGGING YOU!" The hitchhiker starts running up the hill yelling again. "DON'T LEAVE! PLEASE!" Thankfully, Michonne starts the car and it moves before the man is even near us.

"Let's go." We get inside the car, as the man yells for us to stop. I still don't feel bad, it's really just starting to get annoying. Especially since he seems very unintelligent. The screaming is going to attract walkers and if he doesn't go away, they're gonna get him. He has to shut up and run.

✖✖✖✖

We find a seemingly deserted town, and Rick tells Michonne to stop there. We get out of the car and walk a bit, Rick leading us through the town pretty easily. As he takes us to a police station, Carl whispers to me, explaining that this town is where they use to live. We enter the station and Rick goes directly to the weapons locker. It's completely emptied out,  which obviously frustrates him.