T R U S T

AFTER ABOUT A DAY OF WALKING, we run out of directions

AFTER ABOUT A DAY OF WALKING, we run out of directions. We find the bus and inspect the walkers, not finding Maggie or anyone else from the prison. Maggie was obviously the main concern for everyone, but I have to take deep sigh of relief when we don't find Carl either. I have no idea where he went, so I can't actually and actively look for him. All I can do is let things run their course and hope for the best. Maybe he's with Maggie, at least that's what I'm hoping for...

We walk around aimlessly for two more days, before finding the railroad tracks. We decide to follow them for a while. I'm unsure as to why, but Rosita just tells me she 'has a good feeling about this'. I just roll my eyes as everyone seems to go with it and we walk along the tracks for an hour before I spot something.

"Is that a sign?" I ask. Abraham mutters about it being nothing, but I ignore him. I run towards it, stopping in my tracks as I process the words.

SANCTUARY FOR ALL COMMUNITY FOR ALL THOSE WHO ARRIVE SURVIVE

"Glenn!" I call out. "Glenn, you need to see this!" I turn around, a grin on my face. He frowns, but rushes towards me, looking at the sign. "All of the tracks lead to it. This is where they would've gone, this has to be where they are!" I say as he reads it.

"What the hell are you all yappin' abo-" Abraham cuts himself off, reading the sign as well.

Tara, Rosita, and Eugene eventually catch up and the six of us decide to follow along the tracks. It's exactly what we were doing before, but now we actually have a purpose, so why not?

✖✖✖✖

I knew I hated nights without him, but nights outside the prison without him are just awful. Being outside the prison in itself is terrible, but the fact that he isn't here makes it even worse.

I don't want him here to keep me safe, I can do that on my own just fine. The reason I can't fall asleep without him has changed since that walker fell on top of me. I was scared and that's why we started sleeping next to each other, so I would feel safe. But now I realize I want him here to make sure he's safe. I know I can take care of myself but, without knowing where he is, I'm not able to close my eyes and sleep at night. Not without knowing he's alive and well.

So, I'm on watch a lot, which I can see makes Abraham uncomfortable. Maybe it's because of my height or my age, or maybe it's because I'm a girl, but he doesn't seem to think I'm trustworthy enough to be on watch on my own. So, he's making Tara be on watch as well. She's been trying to talk to me, since I'm not talking a lot.

Rosita tries to strike up some conversation every once in awhile, but I've told her everything that's happened to me and she's told me all that's happened to her, so it all just goes back to the one thing I haven't talked about. Carl. That's when I turn quiet and she sighs. I swallow the lump on my throat and quicken my pace and we don't talk anymore. That doesn't mean she doesn't keep trying.