B R O K E N

PLEASE READ THE AN AT THE BOTTOM, IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT

✖✖✖✖

THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE RIDE BACK, Glenn is apologizing. "If I hadn't told you to go, you wouldn't have been there." He says. By around the third time he apologizes, I stop telling him it wasn't his fault, because I can see it's not leading anywhere. I just ask whether or not Maggie and Carol are okay. Rosita is in the back with them, trying to see if everything's okay with the baby and also with Carol's back, since Donnie kicked her.

They told her I'd been kicked in the stomach too, but I refused to get checked up. I don't need a doctor, and I don't want Denise to check me out at home either, but I told them I'd be there so Rosita would let me be in the front.

Glenn looks slightly shocked when I ask him this, but he nods nonetheless. "Okay." I mutter in response. And that's the last thing I say for the whole journey. I stay sitting still, playing with the hem of my flannel. The only part of me that moves is my hands. Occasionally, I wince, making Glenn's eyes widen. But I shake my head, silently telling him I'm fine, and he relaxes slightly.

I basically don't move until we reach Alexandria. Though, the moment the RV stops, I'm the first one out the door. I barely even realize what I'm doing, bolting up before anyone else, and I ignore the pain in my stomach as I notice Carl make his way toward the vehicle along with a few other people.

I open the door and my feet have barely hit the ground when I throw my arms around him, making us both stumble back slightly. I hug him tightly. "Casey? Case, what's going on?" He asks softly, worry present in his tone.

If I'd turned around, I would've seen everyone else's sympathetic facial expressions, and Carl's worried one, but I don't. I just sigh. "Just hold me for a second, okay?" I whisper softly. I feel him nod, his arms tightening around me, and I could've winced, but I think this is the first time today my heart actually slows down from its rapid pace.

"You're okay, now. You're alright." He whispers softly into my hair. He doesn't even know what happened, and I know I'm probably worrying the hell out of him right now, but for once, I don't care. I'm being selfish enough not to care.

We stay there for a while, until I pull away, making him cup my jaw softly, concern shining on his face, though his tone is calm. "Can you tell me what happened?" He asks, me wincing when his fingers graze the cut on my cheek.

Before I can answer, though, Rosita lightly touches my shoulder. "Denise can check you out now." She says, the same sympathetic smile on her face.

I shake my head lightly. "I'm fine, Ro. I just want to go home, take a shower, and sleep." I say, my voice barely above a whisper.

"No, she's right. Go." Carl says. I turn to him, ready to protest, when he shakes his head. "I'll meet you at my house, okay? Just make sure nothing's wrong with you. Please." He mutters, and I hesitate slightly, before complying.