G L E N N

HE ONLY PASSES ME A FEW TIMES

HE ONLY PASSES ME A FEW TIMES. The first couple, I try to keep a straight face, knowing I don't have it in me to even try to look fearless right now. But as he keeps going, as the realization that someone I love is going to die tonight sets in, I feel myself break.

I feel warm tears start running down my cheeks and I do all I can to not flinch away from the sight of the bat. I keep my gaze on the ground from then on, my heart hammering in my ears until he finishes talking.

"Eenie meenie miney mo catch a tiger by his toe. If he hollers let him go. My mother told me to pick the very best one and you are it." Only then do I lift my eyes. I see Negan, with that stupid, shit-eating grin he's held for the past ten minutes still on his face, Lucille pointing at Abraham.

I feel my eyes widen and my gut drop, Abe holding a peace sign up in my direction, and it takes me only half a second to get that it's for Sasha, who's only one spot ahead of me. I see her crying, as I remember her and Abe's new relationship and how much she's already lost. She doesn't deserve this. He doesn't either.

Negan doesn't wait, though. "Anybody moves, anybody says anything, cut the boy's other eye out and feed it to his father, and then we'll start. You can breathe. You can blink. You can cry. Hell, you're all gonna be doing that."

He drives the bat into Abraham's head, the ginger's body falling down. Though, he slowly but surely inches back up, blood pouring onto his face, and I feel nothing but shock flowing through my veins as Negan laughs.

"Oh! Look at that! Taking it like a champ!" He exclaims, amusement present on his face. How twisted does he have to be to genuinely be amused at this?

"Suck my nuts." Those are Abraham Ford's chosen last words. He struggles to get them out, and I watch as Negan's face falls, before he angrily drives Lucille back down, making Abe fall once again. Though, this time, he doesn't get back up.

I shut my eyes. I feel myself shudder, the shock in me now turned to disgust, not just for the brute goriness of it but also for my friend dying, for this man who stands in front of me, laughing as he kills someone. I'm sure that the sound of the bat and the barbed wire hitting flesh again, and again will definitely be ingrained into my brain, the sound getting more and more gruesome, the more he tears away at.

I only reopen them when Negan's voice fills my ears, and even then, I do so reluctantly. I see Lucille now coated in crimson, the tip of its barrel hovering above the mess of blood and bone and brain that is left of Abraham's head.

"Did you hear that?" Negan asks, chuckling. "He said, 'Suck my nuts'! Phew." He mutters to himself, before lifting the bat again, beating over Abraham's already dead body. The disgust and the fear and hatred mix in my stomach, all the emotions showcasing on my face as I hear Sasha's cries.

He keeps hitting Abe's head, everyone shuddering along with me every time the sound rings through. No one can do anything. We can only sit there and watch. And that's the most revolting part of it.