K I L L

"GUNS, knives on the ground right now

"GUNS, knives on the ground right now." The redhead, who's currently one movement from blowing my brains out says, all of us slowly obliging.

"Nice jacket." The second, older woman says to Maggie. "For a murderous bitch."

"Well, we'll take it off her before we shoot her." The redhead says, gun following me as I take out every single one of my six knives, and put down my handgun.

They don't do that, though, instead dragging us through the woods. I try to estimate the time as we walk, though I am constantly interrupted by small branches scratching my legs, making me hold back a wince every now and then. I feel some of the scratches go deeper than others, cutting through my jeans, and, at one point, I feel a bit of blood trickling down my leg. I thank my past self for wearing black jeans today. Can't let them see me bleed.

I see the sun rise after about half an hour of walking, all of them still having guns to our heads as we walk back to the compound, but they make it so we're high up, having heard the alarm. The redhead pulls out some binoculars, the second woman still having a gun to our heads, the third one being too busy trying to fix the guy's shoulder up with a tourniquet.

"It ain't on there right, I can feel it. It ain't stopping." He complains. "Son of a bitch, you're cutting off my circulation."

"Well, sport, it's supposed to." The woman gruffs, glaring at him. I look at Maggie for the billionth time in this hour, the same expression on her face as she looks at me. She's trying not to show it, but I know how scared she is.

"Hell was that?" The asian girl who's got the gun to us asks as a the sound of a motorbike revving runs through the air.

"It's Primo." The redhead sighs. "Damn it, they've got him. Give me the walkie."

"Babe, what's happening?" The guy asks, panting as he does as he's told, handing it over to her.

Static issing cuts through the air, as she doesn't answer, instead bringing the walkie closer to her. "Lower your gun, prick." She says into it. "You, with the Colt Python. All of you, lower your weapons right now." She orders, and after a few seconds I hear Rick's voice coming through.

"Come on out." He says, making me hold back a shaky sigh. They'll come for us, I know it. "Let's talk."

"How many we got?" The older woman asks.

"Eight in sight." The redhead answers. "Too many."

The guy shakes his head. "No, we can take 'em. We took more." He argues. She looks back at him, but doesn't follow through with that.

"We're not coming out, but we will talk." She says, before turning to us. "Names." She orders.

"I'm Maggie, she's Carol, that's Casey." Maggie says, her voice unwavering as she begrudgingly looks at us.