S T A B I L I T Y

THE FOLLOWING WEEK, Rick decides that we should use both houses

THE FOLLOWING WEEK, Rick decides that we should use both houses. That surprises me a little, not thinking he trusted the community enough, but no one seemed to oppose his decision. That's understandable, the floor really isn't the best place to sleep. Just as the sun starts to set, we start moving our stuff. Sasha, Glenn, Maggie, Tara, Rosita, Noah, Eugene, and Abraham move their things to the other house, Carol, Daryl, Carl, Rick, Michonne, and I staying. Or at least that's what I think, because Rick soon stops Carl and I both.

"Actually, Maggie, Glenn, and I were thinking that maybe you should stay with them at the other house." He tells me, making me frown. Before I can say anything, though, Carl steps up.

"Why?" He asks, narrowing his eyes as he looks at his dad. Maggie and Glenn now stand behind Rick, the three of them looking at us like they're walking on eggshells. "I mean, we shared a cell at the prison." He says.

"That was different." Glenn says, making me raise an eyebrow.

"How was that different?" I ask, humorlessly chuckling.

"It just was." Glenn rolls his eyes, only making me more confused. I see Carl roll his eyes as well from the corner of my eye and I sigh, grabbing my bag.

"Sure. Why not?" I shrug, trying to appear indifferent, knowing this is a battle I'm sure to lose, being stopped by Carl gently grabbing my hand.

"No, hold on. Why can't she stay here?" He asks, being met with three different sets of sighs.

"I'll explain later." Rick says, Carl being about to protest when Rick shuts him up. "She's next door, Carl. One house away won't kill you. Might do you some good, actually." He mutters, making me frown. Carl looks down at me, his expression mirroring mine.

I sigh, grabbing my bag. "I'll see you tomorrow. I love you." I mutter, kissing his cheek. His hand leaves mine as he tells me he loves me back, his tone seeming suspicious as he looks at three people in front of us. I follow his gaze and turn to Maggie and Glenn, seeing both them and Rick expressing varying degrees of confusion. I don't even question it, walking past them, hearing them follow me a few seconds later.

I still don't get why we have to be in different houses, or what Rick meant by 'it might do you some good', but I keep quiet. At least until we reach the house, because Rosita frowns as she sees me walk in. "You're staying here?" She asks.

"Apparently." I mutter. "Don't ask me why." I run my hand through my hair, as I hear Tara chuckle.

I feel a hand on my shoulder, being met with Maggie next to me. "Like Rick said, a house away won't kill you." She says, smiling softly. I offer her the tiniest smile, wiping off the frown that apparently made its way onto my face.

I sigh again, ignoring the stares I receive, asking the first thing that runs through my mind. "Which room's mine?" Maggie directs me to the last room on the left side of the upstairs hallway. I sigh as I open the door, shutting it quickly and quite literally throwing myself on the bed. It's a queen size bed, a baby blue comforter on top of it, and it's the most comfortable bed I've laid on in the past couple years, for sure.