F E A R

WE ALL HOP OFF THE RV once we get to Alexandria, Rick driving it down to the pantry for Olivia to make an inventory of all of the food we brought in

Rosita comes to ask me to what's going on, but I just repeat what Rick said and tell her to meet him at the church in an hour, before walking back to Carl's house.

I open the front door, not seeing anyone in the living room or kitchen. I smile as I go up the stairs, knocking lightly on the half opened door before I walk inside. Carl gets up immediately, a smile on his face as he throws his arms around me. "I didn't know you were back already." He mutters after kissing me lightly.

"We just got here." I say, smiling up at him, my hands on his chest.

We sit down, my head on his chest as he pulls me on his lap, his back to the headboard and he makes me tell him what happened. I explain the whole Gregory trade situation, and how he got stabbed. I tell him his dad got in a fight, and that he's fine, but maybe he should check on him. He nods, but tells me he's probably busy.

"Another guy came out of nowhere, almost stabbed Glenn." I say, making shock cross his features. "I took care of it, though." He looks at me, the same unreadable emotion from the day the Wolves- that's what those people are called, apparently- attacked us.

"You killed him?" He asks, his voice slightly flat.

I frown, shaking my head. "No. Aimed for his shoulder." I state, slightly confused. He nods. "Why?"

"It's just- It'd be okay if you had." He mutters, making me frown. "Either us or them, right? You protected someone, and if you killed him, I think it would've been fine."

"Yeah." I say, nodding softly, getting his point. "Yeah, I think so. But not these people. Hilltop seems like a good community. A bit weak on fighters, but they can learn. It's the Saviors we have to kill." I mutter, him looking at me confused.

I tell him about this Negan guy and his Saviors, what they did to the Rory kid, how Hilltop just takes it and gives them their supplies. "We're gonna have to fight." I state, playing with the hem of his flannel. "That's the deal."

"When are they leaving?" He asks, making me frown.

"I think we're leaving in a few days. Your dad's probably telli-" He cuts me off.

"Wait, we? You're not going." He says, me lifting my head off his chest to look at him, eyebrows raised. I glare softly at him as he looks back at me, his expression mirroring mine. "There is no way in hell I'm letting you go." He says, his tone slightly harsh.

"You don't have to let me go. You don't own me, Carl." I narrow my eyes, leaning slightly away from where I was curled up against his chest, now. "I can make my own decisions."

"I know that, but I also know you could get hurt there." I go to protest, to say we've dealt with worse people, but he stops me before I even begin. "Casey, I'm not risking you! You're not going. How's Glenn even letting you do this?" He asks, making me realize I haven't even talked to Glenn about this.