A L I V E

THREE HOURS LATER, Eugene is still unconscious

THREE HOURS LATER, Eugene is still unconscious. Maggie and I cleaned his face and stopped the bleeding, making sure nothing was broken before leaving him be. We'd splash his face with some water every once in awhile because the sun's really goddamn strong today but, besides that, there ain't much we can do.

Abraham still hasn't moved. He's still on his knees staring at the horizon with a grimace on his face, Rosita having spent the last few hours looking at him concerned. I'm sitting next Tara, who's trying to figure out how much water we've got.

"They've got no clue we're here." Glenn says as he walks up to us, referring to the herd.

"That's great news for GRECATM. And less great news for GRECATM, we just scraped the bottom of the water barrel." Tara mutters, pointing at the equally distributed, half-filled water bottles.

"What's GRECATM?" He asks back, making me crack a small smile.

"Tara gave us a group name." I say, making her nod.

"Solidarity, band of brothers. GRECATM... Thinking about getting a tattoo on my knuckles." She jokes as she tosses him his water bottle. "Sorry, I'm just trying to think of something else, you know?" She asks, making us nod as Maggie and Rosita approach us. "Anything?" She asks, referring to Eugene.

"No." Maggie says softly.

"Should we get him to the church?" Glenn asks, his tone barely above a whisper.

"Do you think they're still there?" I ask, my voice hushed as I raise an eyebrow. Maggie nods slightly at me before continuing.

"Besides, moving him could make him worse." She explains.

"What will make him better?" Rosita asks, grimacing slightly as she looks at Maggie's solemn expression. I've seen it before. She has the same expression on her face as Hershel did back at the farm, while he was talking about Carl's bullet wound.

"Waking up. If he doesn't..." She trails off, looking down at the ground.

I hold back a sigh as Rosita walks up to Abraham, who's still on his knees, staring at the horizon. I can't hear what she's saying, but I see her hold out a water bottle to him, sighing as he ignores her. He slaps the open water bottle out of her hands, it hitting the ground before 1/7 of our water supply spills out onto the ground. She crouches down slightly before yelling in his face. "Look at me!" She screams, making him get up in her face threateningly.

My eyes widen as I unsheathe my knife, silently preparing myself to throw. The click of a gun is heard, as Maggie raises her weapon a few feet in front of me, making Abraham step away from Rosita. "Sit down or I'll put you down." She warns.

He looks her in the eye for a few moments, his eyes then flicking past her and back at me, lowering themselves to look at the knife in my hands. He stares Maggie dead in the eye for a couple more seconds, a blank expression on his face before he sits back down. Both Maggie and I lower our weapons, but I keep my knife out, incase he lashes out again.