R E U N I T E D

MARY LEADS US THROUGH A GROUP OF PEOPLE, who seem to be all smiles

MARY LEADS US THROUGH A GROUP OF PEOPLE, who seem to be all smiles. A few buildings are scattered around and she tells us she'll feed us before we move towards the bedrooms. She gives us some food, but Glenn discretely tells me not to eat it. We can't trust these people yet, maybe they laced it with some type of drug, I don't know. I just nod and pick at the piece of beef on my plate. Eugene, Sasha, and Abraham don't listen, though, and tuck in right away.

"Not hungry?" Mary asks me, raising an eyebrow. I shake my head lightly, a fake smile tugging at the corners of my mouth.

"Not really." She smiles back, a sickeningly sweet grin on her face. I can see right through these people, there is no way in hell someone would be this nice and not want anything in return.

Her sons, Gareth and Alex, come and whisk us away, claiming they're taking us to the homes so we can get settled in, when Abraham starts talking about Washington, obviously trying to recruit. He talks for a while and the two brothers share a look that makes me quite uneasy. Abraham keeps talking and I roll my eyes slightly but raise my eyebrows when Gareth groans, annoyed. "I didn't want to do this so early." With a small signal from him, dozens of snipers appear out of nowhere on top of the buildings. "You're not going anywhere."

We all raise our weapons, but we're outnumbered. "We have more than enough gun power to kill each and every one of you twice. Put down your weapons." Alex says, handgun raised.

We all look around and at each other before Glenn makes the first move to put down his gun. Tara, Maggie, and I immediately follow, dropping our guns to the ground. Eventually, the rest of them do so too, Abraham being the last one to lower his rifle. Gareth chuckles before grabbing his brother by the arm as they enter one of the buildings.

The snipers don't move though, and after a few seconds, they start shooting at our feet. We all run, unable to defend ourselves as they laugh. We dodge the bullets and thankfully no one gets hurt, but they keep coming up on the roofs. They shoot at us, making us turn and eventually they lead us to an isolated section with one train car ahead of us.

"You're all gonna get in the train car as I call you." Gareth yells from one of the rooftops. "The ginger army guy." He says, making Abraham mutter some profanities. Thankfully, he does as he's told for the first time in his life and opens the door, hopping in.

"Weirdo with the mullet, up next." Eugene looks sad as he walks in. Gareth proceeds to let Rosita in, making a rude comment about her ass, Sasha, Bob, Maggie, Tara, and Glenn, leaving me for last.

"Go ahead, kid. You look harmless enough." He yells, purposely winding me up. I clench my fists angrily, but restrain myself from saying anything as I get onto the train car, shutting the door behind me. I hear a click behind me and steps walking away, so someone definitely locked us in.

Everyone takes a sigh of relief when we find out we've all escaped relatively unscathed, and as everyone starts sitting down, it dawns on me that we're locked in a dirty boxcar without any weapons, food, or water for god knows how long, and with no way of getting out.