Chapter Thirty-Six

I woke up startled, the sound of the window closing made me jump in my place. The wind made me shiver. I could hear the heart monitor beeping quickly indicating the fast beating of my heart.

"Who's there?" I remembered all the horror movies I was forced into watching and felt myself being that silly girl who asked an even sillier question before getting slaughtered.

When only the sound of the monitor beside me answered and the deep breaths of someone, I shoved my hand behind me and started feeling my way to the button to call a nurse.

When I successfully found it a hand shot and trapped mine, resulting in a shrilling scream erupting from me. Which was quickly cut short, my heart monitor suddenly turned red and the nurse sign followed suit too.

"Its me." Even though it was too dark to see anything I instantly calmed down and stopped struggling. His voice is magical.

He slowly removed his hands off of me and switched on the night light. There he stood looking handsone ever, making me thank God for having a bed beneath me.

I remembered what Laura have told me and took a close look at him. His face was clean shaven but the bags under his eyes gave it all away. He suddenly looked fatigue but his eyes twinkled like stars in the sky.

He suddenly bent down, resulting in his forehead leaning against mine.

"Hey" I muttered not knowing what to say. I avoided his eyes, they held so much intensity that made me uncomfortable. Suddenly everything else in the room looked rather interesting and astonishing. Like the camera for instance. Who made it? How did the idea come to them? I saw a picture if the first camera ever, but then what camera took the picture of the first one while it was in progress? Maybe its a very good sketch or-

"Hey Rosie look at me" My nickname rolling off his tongue made my cheeks go wild with colour. Suddenly the air seemed sucked out of the room and all I wanted to do was push him away to have some air.

Focus.

I forced myself to look at him. He looked in my eyes and then kissed me. It took me a moment to analyse the situation in my head.

He's kissing me! Wait what? William is kissing me?

I instantly pushed him off and slapped him. Call it a reflex. Probably a rush of adrenaline.

"S-sorry" I muttered looking down at my covers. I expected him to be angry at me. After not getting any response from him I looked up at him from under my eyelashes. It set him off and in an instant he was down on his knees laughing.

After the laughter showed no signs of coming to an end I starred showing my own signs of anger.

Why is he laughing?  Huh. Whats soo funny? Please tell me so I could join you. Not.

After he wiped the few tears that escaped he cleared his throat.

"Sorry, I just find it funny that you're the one whose apologising.  I should be and I am sorry."

"Okay"

"Okay? Look Im sorry for everything I really didn't mean to get you in trouble and - and I missed you. Please dont be mad at me."

That left me speechless and my jaw dropped to the floor.

He reached over closed it and gave me a peck. Then another. And another.

"I" peck "am" peck "sorry" peck "but" peck "I" peck "can't" peck "help" peck "it."

I just sat there motionless not knowing what to do. My brain processed racing thought, my feelings bubbling up and my stomach butterflies' were fluttering.

"I love you" Big kiss.

What? Wait hold on what??

"Please say something." But sadly I couldn't I just sat there opening and closing my mouth probably looking like a fish.

" I understand if you dont want to do anything with me. I mean I deserve as much . But at least can we start from the very beginning? "

"B-but what about Helen? " I realised my mistake too late. His face instantly hardened and turned cold.

"What about her?"

"N-nothing" amd with that his face turned normal.

Suddenly the door opened and a nurse came in.

"Hey! What are you doing here? Visiting hours are over."

"I know" I looked at him incredibly. Rude.

Apparently we both agreed on something because next thing I knew William was being dragged outside the room by his ear . It was amusing to watch.

********

I hitched the bag over my shoulder and adjusted it, looking at the old building.

You can do it.

I took a deep breath and felt my hand being squeezed. I looked at William who was watching me wirh a reassuring smile, making all the doubts and nervousness go away.

"Come on" I instantly closed the passenger door and headed toward my school.

"Rosie come back here. You forgot something." I had a feeling I knew what he wanted so I continued walking.

I was pulled into a hard chest.

"Where's my kiss?" He whispered.

I turned around , stood on my tippy toes and gave him a big fat sloppy kiss. On the cheek.

"Here you go, friend. Bye!" I knew he was sulking, call me a sadist but that set me off laughing.

****

Hold your horses there will be one or two more chapters left.