Chapter 21:No Matter What

"W-what..."you mutter.

"It's true,you and our Master E.N.D are Zeref's most powerful demons"

"That's a lie..."

"Then do you have any other explanation as to why you have demon particles?"

"Well then..."you began taking a deep breath before glaring at Mard.

"If you saw i'm the strongest demon of Zeref then that means i'm strong enough to kick your ass and then some!"you yelled as your fist set ablaze and you punched Mard in the face,he was knocked back a bit but he quickly stood up,smirking.

"True,you are one of Zeref's strongest demons but your true power is not in that human form of yours...Zeref sealed away your powers with a magic seal and he did the same with E.N.D,that is why he is in a book.The reason we will activate Face is so that both your's and E.N.D's seals will be broken and we can grant our Lord's wish"

"All the more reason i'm not letting you activate Face!I'm not gonna leave Rogue just to grant your Lord's damned wish!I'm not gonna leave the guys at Sabertooth!No matter what I will do anything and everything to prevent Face from activating!"you yelled as you leapt into the air.

"Fire Devil's Blazing Arrow!"you yelled as you used your magic to create several flaming projectiles at Mard who got damaged by the attack.

You landed and placed a hand on your hip as you walked over to the three Dragon Slayers who were silent and just watching you in awe,after all this was the first time you used your magic...in front of them anyway.

"Remember Mard,i'm a Demon Slayer,my magic was made to slay the likes of you...this puts you at a disadvantage"you said with a smirk as Mard looked at you in annoyance.

"My,my.Looks like Kyoka is so preoccupied that she can't hear me but there's nothing much to be done"Mard says as he sat on the throne for like the third time.

"What do you plan to do by removing all magic?"Sting asks.

"Did you not hear me,human?"Mard asks."By taking away magic,the seal on E.N.D and on Y/N will be neutralized...setting the two strongest demons of Zeref on the loose"Mard explains as he places his clasped hands on his lap.

"That book?"Natsu asks.

"It only looks like that but as I said countless times before,E.N.D along with Y/N is the strongest among the demons from the books of Zeref...the Master of Tartaros if you may"he explained with a smirk.

Rogue placed his hand on your shoulder and you looked at him and he gave you a warm smile making you melt.He wrapped his arms around you for a few seconds before he let go and planted a kiss on your forehead.

"Don't be scared Y/N.I will do anything and everything to make sure your not changing at all...I won't let you become what that guy says...you said so yourself,no matter what,right?"he asks in a caring tone.

"Hai!No matter what!I'm not gonna leave you,i'm not gonna leave Sabertooth!I love you and i'll use those feelings I have for you and turn them into power,i'll use those feelings and i'll make it my will to fight,my will to live...Rogue,your not just nakama to me,your more than that...your precious family and i'll give my all if it means I can end up in your loving arms again"

Of course Mard Geer had to butt into our conversation...

"And by reviving E.N.D we may return to Zeref as well"Mard says.

"If you really want to go back,do it yourself"Rogue growled,sliding one arm around your shoulder protectively.

"Have you humans ever wondered...why Zeref made us?"Mard asked.

"Even if I said it before,i'll say it again...well,actually,none of my underlings have realized why Zeref made us"Mard admitted."We were all made with a strong obsession with 'we must return to Zeref',it's an order written into our genes...Y/N,I know your thinking that how come you don't share this obsession of ours...well,since your true form was sealed away,everything else was sealed along with it"he continued,as if he read your mind.

"'Return to Zeref','Meet Zeref again','For Zeref',all of this...connected to one truth...Zeref cursed himself for becoming immortal,and wanted to die.Eventually,he created something that could kill him...something made to kill him,in other words...the demons of Zeref's books"he again continued this speech which he told you (more or less) a few minutes ago.

"E.N.D and Y/N here were his final masterpieces...however,for some reason Zeref sealed E.N.D back inside the book and he also sealed away Y/N's power.The sealing spell he had used for E.N.D and Y/N can't be broken by any magic in this world...but when Face gets activated,both the seals will be broken and Zeref's two strongest demons will be reborn,together,they will defeat Zeref...that is our's and Zeref's wish"Mard finally ended as he began walking towards us

"A fight to defeat Zeref?"Natsu asks.

"Why are you involving us in your buisness?"Sting asked irritatedly.

"When you go somwhere...do you purposely avoid stepping on weeds along the way?"Mard asks,as a flower-like thing grew beside him.

"You bastard..."Sting muttered under his breath.

You traced Mard's movements and predicted what he was about to do,he was gonna use that plant to strike Sting and Rogue.Quickly,when the plant suddenly sprang towards Sting and Rogue you shoved the two out of the way and quickly burnt the plant thing to a crisp.

What shocked you was that it was only a single leaf that you burnt,more and more quickly grew and one of those leaf things struck your side making you scream,the damn plant did the same to Sting,Rogue,and Natsu.

"What the hell is that!?"you exclaimed,trying to stand up.

"The prison flower that blooms in Hades"was Mard's response.

All of a sudden the entire plant like thing completely froze much to everyone's suprise.Then the plant began crumbling and breaking off into tiny parts before collapsing in front of everyone's eyes.

"My scarf?"you hear Natsu ask.

You glanced over to Natsu and you saw Gray who dropped his scarf on Natsu's neck.

"I picked it up...if it matters to you,don't lose it again"Gray muttered.

"Gray..."Natsu muttered.

"T-this magic...it's similar to mine"you mutter,looking at him.

He suddenly froze a part of Mard's arm and he looked at it in shock,something you don't see everyday...

"When did you...?"Natsu asked.

"Impossible...another?Who are you?"Mard asked in disbelief.

"I came here to defeat you...you see...i'm a Devil Slayer"

........................................................................................................................

A/N:

By the way,I just realized it Devil Slayer,not Demon Slayer...sorry!I'll correct it but just so you guys aren't confused the real thing is Devil Slayer...yeah!