Chapter 41 : Dragneel

[ just look a rogue's biceps my god ]

In the corner of your eye, a shadow darted past.

Your head swiveled to the left, scanning the wasteland-esque landscape for anything other than scores of debris and ashen soil. There was nothing, leaving you to wonder what had cast the shadow.

Your eyes fell upon a mass of jet black speeding past the landscape at an inhuman speed. It lied flat against the fallen cobblestone, dipping and rising along with the earth.

Pulled towards the anomaly, your legs started moving on their own accord and you began running, pounding against the dry, overturned ground, gradually narrowing the distance between you and the shadow.

The shadow suddenly dipped into a crevice between two rocks, their points facing the sky, and the shadow didn't resurface.

You stopped. Breathing heavily, you wiped the sweat from your face, feeling stupid, and distraught in general. Abandoning the chase, you turned around, convinced that the mobile patch of gloom was a stunt pulled by the fatigue that was piling up.

"(Y/N)?"

Again, you halted, and an icy chill coursed through your veins, accompanied by the feeling of security and joy, which, given the situation, you weren't given the time of day to experience.

But, at that moment, nothing had mattered. Not the war that was being waged. Not the truth of your origin, nor the fact you were abducted and swept away to a foreign country. Because, finally, the sweet, fulfilling sound of Rogue's deep yet hushed voice utter your name.

It was like a beam of light lighting up an infinity's worth of darkness. What you felt was nothing short of pure bliss.

Your body sprung to life, and you turned around and you hurried to close the gap between you and the love of your life.

You tackled him with such force, he staggered, but he didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around you as well. It had been so long since you were able to feel safe.

And it was pretty funny, because, not a minute ago, you felt as if you were being attacked from every angle.

x

"I leave for what - three minutes? And this is what I return to?" you question Sting, watching as the ashes of the cross fell to the ground.

Sparks crackled at the tips of your fingers, hungry for destruction. You looked at Sting, coated in blood and filth, lacerated beyond recognition. He was out of breath, and his shoulders were slack.

The other person, you didn't know. There were at least two patterned, light-colored robes draped loosely around his frame. He reeked of Natsu's scent. It was unsettling.

"Who the hell is this?" you ask.

"Something Something Dragneel-"

"Rakheid. Rakheid Dragneel," the man corrected Sting with a playful smirk. Sting snorted, despite still being in point-blank range. If Sting decided to continue bullshitting Rakheid, he might end up with four crosses skewered into him.

"And who are you?" Rakheid asks, "Another bug that's begging to be crushed?"

You cocked an eyebrow, before smirking. He was thrown off by this, but only for a split-second. Sting took a step back, knowing by the fiery look in your eyes that it would get destructive.

"Funny thing. . ."

A ring of fire licked the already-blackened soil. It towered over the both of you with ease. Rakheid looked uncomfortable.

"Haven't you heard? I'm a Dragneel as well."

x

[ a/n ]:

i know this was really short but i promise that the good stuff is coming soon like its getting interesting with all the crap going down in the manga

i have plans

- Acnologia_Slayer