Chapter 7

Loki

Dammit. Amora. I forgot about her. I recognized the witch's handwriting. The green rose made sense. I froze the flower and dropped it to the ground. I stepped on it, and it shattered. I should've killed her the day I met her.

And now my previous actions are coming to bite me in the back. "She won't harm you, Leidi," I say putting my hands on her shoulders, "I'm here now." "So she was casting illusion in the mirror?" She asks. "No, that was me," I admit, "But knowing her, she was probably trying to shake your belief in my love."

She throws her arms around me again and buries her face in my chest. I stroke her hair softly. I always thought I couldn't ever love. I thought my love would make her a target. And I was right.

"I love you, Leidi," I say. "I love you too Loki," she replies. "Leidi, will you stay here?" I ask. I hope it's not too soon to ask.

"Hm?" She replies. "Stay here in Jotunheim, with me," I say, "be my queen." "Loki, I can't be queen of anything," she says. I nod silently. She wasn't ready. It's strange. I'd always wanted to be king, but she is the opposite.

"Would you at least stay in Jotunheim with me?" I say pulling away. She shakes her head. "Why not?" "Because of Hrimnr," she says quietly.

"Hrimnr won't harm you again," I reassure her. "I don't doubt that, but that's not why he bothers me." "Then what about him troubles you so?" "He was my father," she says. "Did he not recognize you?" She shakes her head.

"It's been over a thousand years," she says. "So you'll not stay?" I say. "No. I thought I could bring you to Asgard," she says. "Is that all you came for? To drag me back there? To put me among those who don't care for me? Is that what you want?" I yell.

Leidi

He was angry now. He was yelling. I shouldn't have. Tried to get him back to Asgard. But he's wrong. People do care for him there. More than he knows. But he won't let me speak.

And I can't tell him what I should've told him what I needed to first and then tried to convince him to come home. "What makes you think I'll ever go back there?!" He yells. "Because I'm pregnant, Loki!" I scream in his face, shutting him up.

A look of utter shock crosses his face, "What?" "I'm sorry, Loki," I say looking at the ground. "But how? We've never..." He trails off in realization, "Baldr." Tears spill from my eyes once more, "I'm sorry." He pulls me into his arms, kissing my hair, "Does anyone else know?" "Just you," I say.

"But Baldr is dead," he says. "Precisely why I thought you could father the child. But seeing as you do not wish to return to Asgard," I say, "I guess I will have to raise him myself."

"But, can't he grow up here?" He suggests. "I don't even know if the child will even be Jotunn," I say. "But he could be. I mean, if Baldr was Aesir, you're still Jotunn. One Jotunn parent can still-" I cut him off, "were Vali and Nari Jotnar?" I say.

"No," he says. He lets out a long sigh, "very well. I shall return to Asgard. The throne will temporarily fall to Helblindi."

He leans down and kisses me, our Aesir forms returning. "I love you," I say. "I love you, too," he says.

____________________________________

When we return, I learn that Heimdall had told everyone that Loki was in fact alive. When we return, it's as if the entire kingdom is waiting at the Bifrost.

Loki and I step through the portal and immediately freeze. "Loki," the queen breathes, running up to us and pulling me into her arms. "Your highness, I'm not Loki," I say. "I am aware," she says, "thank you for bringing him back."

She embraces Loki next. The All-Father walks up next to the queen and puts a hand on my shoulder and his other hand on Loki's shoulder. "Loki," he says. "I know. You're upset that I gave up the throne once I had it," Loki says looking at the floor.

"No, my son. I could never be more proud," he says. "What?" Loki was never used to his father's respect. "You showed me selflessness. You had the throne you desired, and you gave it up for the woman you love," he smiles.

"And your child," the queen finishes. I look at Heimdall and he winks. "Uhm, did Heimdall tell you that?" Loki flushes scarlet. "Yes, and for a minute I regretted making you sleep in the same room," the All-Father smiles.

"We shall celebrate! I'm to be a grandfather!" The All-Father exclaims. The Asgardians cheer. I wonder what his reaction would be if he knew...