Chapter 18

Leidi

I saw the woman who had helped us cower. My baby was shrieking on the bed. She was a jotunn. In a way, I was somewhat proud of her. But I was also enraged with this woman. "It's a monster!" She yelled.

Tears slipped from my eyes. How dare she. I approached my child and lifted her into my arms and returned to my own jotunn form. I glared at the woman, "She's a monster? Then am I a monster as well?" She shrunk back and shook her head vigorously.

"Vana," Loki say walking towards the woman. "Loptr, dear. They're monsters. They'll kill us all!" She seems purely terrified. "Are they, now? Am I a monster as well?" He grins at her. "No, dear. You are a good man. Just get these beasts away from me. The woman and the baby," she shivers.

Loki reverts to his jotunn form and glares at her, "Those beasts are my lover and daughter. It will do you well to respect them." He stands and comes toward me. He puts one arm around my shoulder and another on the baby.

"Get out of here! Leave immediately. You frost giants are not welcome here!" She yells. "Gladly," Loki spits before leading me out of the building.

"Loki, I-" I begin but he cuts me off with his lips. I hold the child and Loki slips his arms around my waist. He runs his tongue along my lower lip, asking for permission. Then he decides he doesn't care and pushes his tongue in before I get a chance to allow him.

Thor clears his throat and we pull apart. Loki smiles and his cheeks turn a light shade of pink. He's blushing. He's never done that before. I think it's adorable. I smile at the baby who squirms and coos in my arms.

"How does victory feel, Loki? It's indeed a girl," I say. "It feels great. Isn't that right, Himinglæva?" He smiles. "Who said that we were going to name her that. I know I wanted a son named Leif, but I see no reason why that can't be a girls name," I interject.

"We're not calling her Leifa. That's absolutely absurd," he says. "Well so is Himinglæva. She won't be able to pronounce that!" "But it's such a nice name!" "So is Leifa!" "She will be called Himinglæva!" "Leifa!" "Himinglæva!" "Leifa!"

"Enough! I'm not going to stand here and listen to your bickering! I'd like to see my niece," Thor cuts in. Thor reaches for the small bundle and takes her from me. He bounces her slightly and she giggles. She reaches up and tugs at his hair, freezing it in her little palm. I reach forward and pull her hand down before she freezes him bald.

Loki laughs, "You could've let her." I glare at him. Loki steps forward and puts a hand on her forehead, making her look like an Aesir. She has brown hair and green eyes. And her features slightly resemble Baldr.

She continues tugging on Thor's hair as he yells for Heimdall. We're enveloped in the light and the child instinctively lets go of Thor's hair. She squints into the light before we step into the golden dome where Heimdall resides.

She looks around in awe, before tugging Thor's locks again, thinking that's what caused the portal.

"Oh, let me see my granddaughter!" The queen runs up to Thor, and takes the child from his arms, "She's got your eyes!" She fawns over the young child. The child reaches up and tugs at the queen's hair. "She's got Loki's mischievous ways," she laughs.

Odin follows behind her, "I'd like to see her too." He takes the baby from the queen and her small hand immediately latches onto the All-Father's beard. He laughs and the baby's hand moves up to his eyepatch, attempting to pull it off. She would've if Odin hadn't held it down.

"What have you decided to name her?" He looks at me and Loki expectantly.

"Himinglæva." "Leifa." We say at the same time. We look at each other. Thor laughs, "they've been bickering over this the whole few hours that child's been alive." The All-Father rolls his eye, "Very well. If you two cannot agree, then the child's rightful uncle shall name her. Thor, pick an name."

"That's injustice!" Loki and I say at the same time. Thor thinks for a moment before saying, "Kalea. Because she's filled with joy." Loki and I exchange a glance and he shrugs.

"That's lovely. Isn't it, Kalea?" I try her name on my tongue. Kalea giggles before grabbing onto Gungnr. "Aye, it appears that she has claimed herself the All-Father," Odin laughs.

This chapter was written by me, Hanan Sumra. In case of any confusion, Gungnr is Odin's staff. I guess since Skuld isn't writing this anymore, you might want to watch out for some strong sexual content. I feel like I should warn you ahead of time.

-Liesmith