Chapter 13

Leidi

Bruce and Tony fought for nearly an hour before the others pry them apart. I felt bad, thinking I was the cause of their fight. Thor places his hammer on the center table. It looks quite fragile.

"So if I can lift it, I get to rule Asgard?" Tony says approaching Mjolnir. "Of course," Thor says with a smirk. "Brother! You cannot put the throne as a wager," I warn him, "The All-Father will not be pleased if he comes to know."

"Ah, so she's your sister-in-law?" Bruce says with a smug smile. "Not yet," Loki smirks. I shoot him a look as if to shut him up. "Did he pop the question yet?" Tony says. "Pop the question? I do not think," I start before Tony cuts me off, "it's a figure of speech kid."

"I'm no child. Why does everyone assume that?" I say. "Maybe it's cuz you're short," Clint speaks up. "I am not!" I say. Loki glares at him. "Whatever," he puts his hands up in surrender. "Well I'm no child. I'm far older than any of you could ever hope to be," I say simply.

"Really? Capsicle here is 97. Try us," Tony challenges. "I'm somewhere around 1033 years old," I say. "Damn," Tony says, "how do you say that with a straight face?" I shrug, "So, are you going to attempt to lift Mjolnir?" "Oh, right," he says, "here goes."

He grips the handle firmly and pulls. He groans and his face becomes red. Loki and I laugh. "Foolish mortal," Loki chuckles. "Loki, be nice," I scold. "Whosoever. Be he worthy. Whatever man! It's a trick," Clint says. "Oh it is much more than that my friend," Thor laughs.

The Avenger all make attempts at lifting the relic. No avail. It is very amusing to watch the mortals make foolish attempts at lifting the hammer. One of them- Steve- actually budged it, wiping the smug smile off of Thor's face. "So I guess the explanation is that whoever holds Thor's fingerprint can lift it," Tony states.

"Very good theory, however, I've a simpler one," he picks up his hammer and flips it in his hand, "You're all not worthy." The Avengers protest in disbelief. Loki and I laugh again.

(A/N I'm not gonna do anything with age of Ultron cuz my friend hasn't seen it and I don't like to spoil shit. But I put this scene in anyway because it was hilarious.)

Tony arranged for us to stay in his small home for a few days. I slept with my head on Loki's shoulder as he breathed evenly. It was cute in a way. I roll out of bed quietly and snuck out of the room, surprised Loki didn't awaken.

I stole quietly through the halls, careful not to wake anyone. I wandered, completely and utterly lost until a strange voice spoke up, "Ma'am, are you lost?" I looked around frantically, in search of the man who owns the voice. "What trickery is this?" I say, walking backwards in the direction I was heading earlier, "Show yourself!"

"It is not trickery. That's just J.A.R.V.I.S," a man says behind me. I jump and turn to him, ready to attack. It was only Bruce. The man I had unintentionally insult. I relax and stand up. "Who is this Jarvis. And where is he?" I look around again. "All around you," he replies like it's completely normal. "He is a ghost?" I say. "No. An A.I." He smiles. "Ay eye?" I'm confused. "Artificial intelligence," he says. "Ah, so this is one of your Midgardian advances?" I say. "Something like that," he says, "So you're Thor's sister?" I nod, "By word. Not by blood." "Oh. And Loki's your boyfriend?"

"I thought I was referred to as Loki's girlfriend," I say. He laughs and shakes his head, "it means pretty much the same thing. It's kind of hard to explain." "Aye. I believe that's the term you use to refer to the members of a courtship?" I say. "Well if you put it like that, yes," he says, "Why are you out of your room? Aren't you cold?" "Nay. I do not feel cold. And I'm out because I was curious about the way of Midgardians." "Well I could show you," he points his thumb over his shoulder. "You could?" He nods, "come on."