Chapter 15

Leidi

I woke up on the couch next to Tony. One of his arms is draped over my shoulder. I have the strange remote in my hand. One of my legs is hanging over the arm of the couch.

I open my eyes slowly, to the sudden blinding light. "Leidi, what is this?" Loki's angry voice is the first thing I hear. "Wha- Loki?" I blink and move out of Tony's reach. I try to stand but then I realize my other leg is over the arm of the couch. I fall forward into Loki's arms.

He grips my shoulders and pushes me away angrily. "What were you doing?" He says giving me an angry look. "I was sleeping," I say, rubbing my eyes. "With him?" He asks in disbelief. "It's not what you think Loki," I say. "Oh really?" He says in a mocking tone.

"Are you suggesting something?"

"No. I'm just stating what I saw."

"And what you saw was just-"

"You and Stark cuddling behind my back?"

"I would never do something like that!"

"It certainly looked like it!"

"You're doubting me?"

"Why shouldn't I? I wake up to find my lover cuddling with another man!"

"We weren't cuddling!"

"Save it! For all I know, you made love with Baldr on purpose! You probably wanted his child! You might as well have been pretending to love me!"

"Are you saying that you regret trusting me?"

"Yes! That's exactly what I'm saying Leidi! You dragged me back to Asgard and away from my throne! You've distracted me from my real goals! And that is ruling! I'd be a king by now if it weren't for you!"

"I could say the same for you, God of Lies!"

"I see now why Hrimnr and Jarnsaxa didn't want you!"

Tears sting my eyes. I don't say anything else. I could tolerate any of his insults. But my parents, I didn't want to think of them. The anger in his eyes don't falter. I should've just stayed in bed. I shouldn't have wandered when I shouldn't have.

Come to think of it, wandering is what got me into this mess. I should've just let him be. I shouldn't have questioned the All-Father's decision.

"You're regretting it now aren't you? Don't you feel stupid for loving a monster like me? Don't you? TELL ME LEIDI!! DONT YOU?!?!" He yells, leaning close to my face, "And you." He turns to the now awake Tony, "I never liked you anyway. And now you've given me all the more reason to loathe you. I expected this from you. But I never expected it from her."

He turns to leave. As he steps out onto the large platform we landed on when we arrived. "Heimdall! Open the Bifrost!" He yells toward the sky. "Loki, wait!" I call after him. "And, Leidi," he turns to me, and reverts to his Jotunn form, "Don't say my name ever again." He disappears into the light. I fall to my knees on the large platform.

"Kid, you okay?" Tony walked up behind me. "Get away from me," I say. "What did I do?" He said. "What didn't you do?" I yell.

Tony backs away instinctively. "Apologies. I did not mean it," I say. "What's his problem? And who's Baldr?" He asks. "Baldr is dead," Thor walks out onto the platform, "I thought the child was Loki's."

"Well it's not. The child is Baldr's. Loki and I never fornicated," I say, crossing my legs. "But Loki was so excited," Thor said. "Keyword is was," Tony says.

"It is not the time for your jests my friend," Thor says putting his hand on Tony's shoulder. I stagger to my feet and look up to the sky, "HEIMDALL OPEN THE BIFROST!"

I close my eyes as the white light envelope me. Loki has more mood swings than do I.