Chapter 8

Leidi

Things had been going well since Loki's return. But then, it's only been a week. The only thing Loki and I ever argued about were baby names. Loki would insist that he wanted a girl. I wanted a son.

We'd argue over names. I wanted to give it a simple name. But Loki insisted that we name it something elegant. I wanted my son to be called something like Leif. But Loki wanted his daughter to be called something more along the lines of Himinglæva.

He said that his name could be a boy's name as well. I told him that I'll not let him name our son Himinglæve. Of course he argued.

I walked back towards Loki's room and attempted to open the door, but it was locked. He never locked the door before. I knock the door, but no one answers. I hear a soft whimper. A woman's voice. "Oh, Loki," I back away from the door. The moans intensify.

I take off down the hall. Tears stream through my eyes. I crash straight into Thor, just as I did that first day. I would've fallen again too, had Thor not caught me. "Sister, this is not good for your child," he jokes before seeing my tears, "What troubles you so?"

"Loki," I whimper. "What has he done now?" He groans. "What hasn't he done?" I say. "What is troubling you?" He says again. "I heard him in his room. With another," I say. He drags a hand down his face, "Loki will not be happy to see you doubting him. Yet I will come and see."

Thor and I walk up to the door and just as we are about to knock, the blonde woman from the other day came out. Her hair was tousled and her eyes were bright. She smoothed the wrinkles in her dress and as she left I saw that there were bruises on her neck.

Thor and I looked at Loki for explanation. But unfortunately he couldn't say anything now. For his hands were tied behind his back. He has a black cloth tied over his mouth. He struggles against the bindings.

Thor and I untie him quickly. "Brother, are you alright?" Thor says. "Yes. I am now. Damned Amora doesn't understand anything," he grumbles. I throw my arms around him immediately, sobbing. He puts his arms around. "I'm sorry," he whispers. "You're a very bad person," I pout. He chuckles, "and how is that?" "You scared me. I thought you actually were..." He puts his hand over my mouth, "don't ever think that."

Thor puts a hand on Loki's shoulder, "I told her you wouldn't." "Remember when you once told me that women are strange creatures?" He laughed. "Yes, but they're beautiful," Thor chuckled. "I'm standing right here? What are we going to do about her?" I say.

"I have a plan," Loki grins. "The look is back, brother!" I say. "I see it as well, sister! We should make our retreat," he says. Thor and I back towards the door. Loki laughs and chases us as we take off down the hall. I eventually get tired with the baby and Thor carries me.

We laugh, playing like children until Loki finally catches up to us and demands that he hands me over. "Never!" Thor says haughtily. "Then I will take her from you," Loki says waving his hands. Thor sets me down and raises his fists in mock anger. Just as they look like they're about to fight, they break down in laughter.

The queen walks up behind me, putting a hand on my shoulder. I turn to her. "They used to play this with Sif," she smiles, "I haven't seen this since they were 400." I laugh a little, "it is cute." "You've done him good," she says, "Odin and I will be eternally grateful for that."

"You needn't. I was merely doing what I felt was right," I say. "AHA! I have bested you again, brother!" Thor exclaims. His loud self is back. "Nay! My princess! Gone at the hands of another!" Loki yells dramatically.

"Aye! Now I shall take my prize!" Thor picks me up again. I yell in surprise. "Come, sister! Let us go eat poptarts! I've brought some back from Midgard!" "Off we go!" I yell. Thor runs off. But Loki lingers with his mother. "Loki! Come on!" I yell at him. "I wish to speak to mother!" He yells back. "There will be none of the poptarts left for you!" I yell. "What?!" He yells. "NEVERMIND!!" I bellow.

"What art thou yelling about, sister?" Thor yells in my ear. "Why are you yelling? I'm right here!" Thor chuckles. "For Asgard!" Thor yells. "And poptarts!" I reply. "For poptarts as well!"

____________________________________

Loki

I linger with mother. Leidi's yells become distant. I can no longer hear her. I laugh and shake my head. "I've not seen you this happy in years," she says, "I like her."

"Why are they now siblings?" I turn to mother, referring obviously to Thor and Leidi. "It was their attempt at consolation when you were," she pauses, searching for words, "gone. They were in hysterics." "Yes, I'm truly sorry about that," I say.

"They've developed feelings for each other. Not anything like you have with her. But a-" I cut her off, "Brother-sister relationship. I know. I think it's sweet."

"Congratulations. You're going to be a father," she says, "And I'm to be a grandmother." I smile, "Yes. I hear Odin is extremely happy." "Honestly I thought Thor would have children first, since he's older. But I'm glad you've given me this happiness," she rests her hand on my face.

"I heard about a little prank that was pulled in my absence. I do not appreciate it," I say. "Yes, I know. It wasn't nice. Odin was furious," she says. "Ah. I've uncovered who dared to do such a thing," I say, venom lacing my voice. "Pray tell, who would stoop so low?" She looks at me. "Amora," I say. "That makes sense. I never liked her anyway," she says staring into space. "I believe she's made Leidi a target. I was going to deal with her, but my backup just ran off to eat poptarts," I chuckle.

"Yes. They do act like children," she says. "They are children," I reply, "And Thor is a twit." Mother looks at me. "But he's a fun twit," I smile.